WillHarrison's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Why does my public profile show less photos than my contribute page?

@Ivi_Gehajiwkhwjwuqqk

Google Moderator

Hello @somaniakshay5, I just wanted to let you know that points can drop depending of your setting for Google’s My Activity. Please read: How do I delete my answers to questions on Google Maps? and check your settings. If they are different from the screenshot below, your answer will be deleted and this will impact on your points.

my_activity.JPG

Other reason, if some of your contributions are determined to be in a violation of the content policy, our filter marked them as private and you lost your points because of this. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thanks for replying @Ivi_Ge I have checked my account settings and it is manually only and I am not even interested in using that feature. And my points is not deleted. It is showing different on web page and different in Maps App.

Level 8

Hey @Ivi_Ge can you please respond to my previous query?

Google Moderator

Hello @somaniakshay5,

Could you please provide some screenshots of the points differences so we can have a closer look? Thank you in advance. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thanks for replying @Ivi_Ge . Today when I open the web page of Maps it was not showing points but I have previous image.

Redacted [Screenshots]

Google Moderator

Hello @somaniakshay5, thank you for the screenshots. Please, next time when you share a screenshot, be sure to not share your personal information. For that reason I removed your screenshots from the post. 

I'd like to inform you, sometimes photos get removed from the maps, reviews get turned down for policy issue, etc. This could cause points decrease.

We would like to inform you that sometimes the points might take while to be updated on your profile. So your patience is very appreciated in this case.

Level 8

Thanks for replying @Ivi_Ge . I agree points take some time to update but it is approximately a month. And how much more time is needed for the points to update and if my photos were removed than why web maps and app maps shows different points.