AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Why Local Guides are mapping public toilets in Delhi

Hi @Singh_Pranav I will link your post through to the Googlers - they might be interested to discuss this idea with you.

Regards

Paul

Level 8

Wow that's really a great help bro @Singh_Pranav

@Singh_Pranav wrote:

I represent an Organisation named 'Centre for Urban and Regional Excellence'. We have been working in Urban Development Sector for last 15 years.

As part of our engagement with Municipal Corporation of Delhi, we had mapped approx. 2000 Public Toilets/ Urinals/ CTCs in North and East Delhi. We also have data regarding quality and usage pattern of most of these toilets.

Wouldn't it be good if we can use the enormous data already existing with us and not waste resources and time in reinventing thing? We are more than happy to share our placemarks to this initiative.

Just for a glace, I'm attaching a photograph of our mapped toilets in East Delhi. @AradhanaB

Toilets mapped in East Delhi 2017Toilets mapped in East Delhi 2017

Level 8

Re: Name of toilet

The option available for know is public toilet bro @OSM

So can use this in category

@Shailesh856 wrote:

Hi @AradhanaB , what should we name the toilet , like Public toilet or swacch toilet etc 

Level 7

Great initiative! 

Level 9

Hi @AradhanaB   Thanks again for sharing that's a great initiative. we started very soon mapped public toilets in our region. 

Level 5

Toilet ek prem kahani

@AradhanaB wrote:

public-restrooms-email (1).png

Where do you go when you need to go? The world is full of interesting toilets, and most of us are fortunate enough to have access to one type or another. But 2.3 billion people have no way to use sanitary facilities, according to the World Health Organization. That’s a serious public health concern, since poor sanitation can cause diseases to spread.

In India, this is the motivation for Swachh Bharat Mission, a nationwide movement that aims to clean up the county in honor of Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birthday in 2019. (Gandhi was a famous advocate for cleanliness. “Sanitation is more important than political independence,” he once said.) The goal is to build more than 12 million toilets across India.

Google wants to help by making it easier for everyone to find a place to go. And if you’re a Local Guide in Delhi NCR, you can join the mission. Just search “public toilet” on Google Maps, then rate and review toilets near you. If you know of one that’s not listed, add it.

Level 7

I was on San Francisco late one night and finding a public washroom at night was extremely difficult.  

Great idea. 

Level 3

@AradhanaB

this is great initiative and i believe this should just not limit Delhi-NCR but spread across in all cities across India

Also not sure but we may need to have facility available if not already to list down toilets for female as well

Level 3

This looks really great and good data collection already.. @Singh_Pranav

Kudos to you and team

Level 1

i  support swach bharat  good all and good us people in delhi can easy find toilet when in need of if they will do it any where across the road which effect the road hygene

@AradhanaB wrote:

public-restrooms-email (1).png

Where do you go when you need to go? The world is full of interesting toilets, and most of us are fortunate enough to have access to one type or another. But 2.3 billion people have no way to use sanitary facilities, according to the World Health Organization. That’s a serious public health concern, since poor sanitation can cause diseases to spread.

In India, this is the motivation for Swachh Bharat Mission, a nationwide movement that aims to clean up the county in honor of Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birthday in 2019. (Gandhi was a famous advocate for cleanliness. “Sanitation is more important than political independence,” he once said.) The goal is to build more than 12 million toilets across India.

Google wants to help by making it easier for everyone to find a place to go. And if you’re a Local Guide in Delhi NCR, you can join the mission. Just search “public toilet” on Google Maps, then rate and review toilets near you. If you know of one that’s not listed, add it.