AslamMo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Why I am a Local guide!

I am a proud and loving father of three angelic daughters, whose passion is food and travel. I enjoy cooking and eating Mexican fajitas to Japanese sushi and everything in between.

My love for travel has taken me to many countries in Asia, Europe and Americas. I traveled more in Spain than in any country and learned Spanish there, then lived in London, United kingdom for eight years where I studied for my MBA and enjoyed meeting people from every nook and corner of the world (no wonder I have read 10k+ messages on local guides connect, mostly LG's introductions).

Google maps has been my trusted friend during my travels and with Local guides, I have the opportunity to give something back, I love doing it by putting small and medium businesses literally on maps.

By living in the west, I realise how important it is for local businesses to develop their digital footprint, especially when india is going through an digital revolution with usage of smart phones next only to China.

Being a local guide has allowed me to help small businesses like putting the local cobbler in my area on google maps who has been sitting and doing his excellent work for many decades and has only hand painted the signage on his small shed which he calls his workshop, when I told him that it is important now a days to have a presence on maps so that people will know about his quality work, he just nodded. Now when I see him, he tells me the the instances of new customers telling him that they found his shop on google maps, his eyed light up!

Experiences like these motivate me to continue being a local guide and I just love to meet like minded local guides on connect!

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
25 comments
Level 10

Re: Why I am a Local guide!

Level 5

Now a days most of the people love to share their photos or other things in some social media. That activity may have some feelings but using google map and contributing something in the local map really helps to give extraordinary peace in mind. When I see that my photo is helping someone and they are getting some information which are not stored in other places- that really give me some good feeling. Other interesting thing is one day I found that 50,000 people viewed my photo and I don't know them. That means this information is really demanded one but previously it was not available. I visit many places, so I try to share them via google so that my observation may help someone. I like this app and I wanna be part of it.

Level 7

@HI @aslamm,

Great intro, really inspiring . All the best , hoping to see you in the list from Hyderabad.

Thanks,

Sandeep

@aslamm wrote:

I am a proud and loving father of three angelic daughters, whose passion is food and travel. I enjoy cooking and eating Mexican fajitas to Japanese sushi and everything in between.

My love for travel has taken me to many countries in Asia, Europe and Americas. I traveled more in Spain than in any country and learned Spanish there, then lived in London, United kingdom for eight years where I studied for my MBA and enjoyed meeting people from every nook and corner of the world (no wonder I have read 10k+ messages on local guides connect, mostly LG's introductions).

Google maps has been my trusted friend during my travels and with Local guides, I have the opportunity to give something back, I love doing it by putting small and medium businesses literally on maps.

By living in the west, I realise how important it is for local businesses to develop their digital footprint, especially when india is going through an digital revolution with usage of smart phones next only to China.

Being a local guide has allowed me to help small businesses like putting the local cobbler in my area on google maps who has been sitting and doing his excellent work for many decades and has only hand painted the signage on his small shed which he calls his workshop, when I told him that it is important now a days to have a presence on maps so that people will know about his quality work, he just nodded. Now when I see him, he tells me the the instances of new customers telling him that they found his shop on google maps, his eyed light up!

Experiences like these motivate me to continue being a local guide and I just love to meet like minded local guides on connect!

Level 10

@AslamMo you are true inspiration , and the feeling that i am going to meet u this weekend at hyderabad local guide meetup excites me more .

Connect Moderator

Wonderful intro @AslamMo!

Good Luck with your #LGSummit17 application

Cheers,

Karen

San Francisco Bay Area Local Guide

Level 9

Thank you @KarenVChin!

Level 7

Its really a very inspiring story, that I'll like to be a part of.

I'm a digital marketing professional as well as a positive thinker & philosopher who loves to do things which nobody else is doing to help this planet & the humanity.

I also write many blogs including philosophyinlife.info, which is also a humble effort to help those who are looking for positive ways to live a life peacefully.

We all are social animals and sharing & caring too is a purpose of life beside other things that we do in our day to day life.

Today technology has reached a point where we can communicate, help & share our views, ideas & experiences instantly with the person who needs it. We can learn how we can do it more efficiently with existing as well as new tools and it has always been my endeavour to learn, learn and learn more from whatever resource I can.

This is all that keeps me motivated to do what I love to do.Braham Kund ब्रह्मकुंड, Har Ki Paudi, Haridwar, Uttarakhand May 2013Braham Kund ब्रह्मकुंड, Har Ki Paudi, Haridwar, Uttarakhand May 2013

Level 9

Thanks @JosephDewey

Level 9

Great work @RashedulI!