ash_bc's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Which category can I select for "Flag Pole" and "Water Tank"?

I 'm trying to add a Water Tank/Tower(Water tank placed on a tower for storing and supplying water to surrounding areas) and a Flag Pole(pole used for hoisting flags during National Festivals) as landmarks in my locality.

Which category can I select for each of them respectively?

2 comments
Level 9

Re: Which category can I select for "Flag Pole" and "Water Tank"?

I have the same problem. To add geographic locations does not seem to work unless it is already recognized or listed on the map. The focus of the program seems to be on companies and organizations. I assume this is because there is so much data to collect let alone collect more information they may have trouble verifying.  An example is a point of land called locally "Big Harrison".  It is not listed on nautical charts but called that for 45 years I have known of it.  I tried to add it but no category being there prevents entering it.  If you are using the contribute app some times you will see a red cross showing implying they need more information, but if there is no name to it there will be a problem opening it and adding any data, so I find you just have to move on.

I found this link that helps defines what can and can not be added and how to do it.

Connect Moderator

Re: Which category can I select for "Flag Pole" and "Water Tank"?

Hi @ash_bc @davidcox neither of these items is the kind of feature you would put onto Maps which is why they do not have a category. The flag pole might be a part of a memorial or other structure that might have a category but not the tank. Your only recourse would be to use Send Feedback and see if the Googlers add them but I would not expect so.

Regards Paul