CaptainHook's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Where can I see how many likes I got in total?

Virginia, these are only badges. The overall count of kudos is something different, that has been removed from all connect pages by purpose. The profile stats doesn't require click on more to show up, and the only row that is missing is the received kudos (likes). Why are you spending so many words on this thing? Peace and happy mapping.

Level 8

@CaptainHook. It displays badges with analytics as you can see above.

You may also find interim data here:

20180824_063158.jpg

This has not disappeared either... 

Level 8

@CaptainHook  Nothing has been removed but simply reconfigured and updated to be more user friendly and elegant.

Level 10

No Virginia. No

everything anout kudos statistics has been removed from home and user profile. 

I can understand why, and it’s not so crucial at all, but really I cannot understand why you deny this simple, easy to check, fact. 

Former Google Contributor

Hey @LucioV,

Please try to keep up the good tone of Connect. We are helpful is part of the Core Values of Connect.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10

Every time @GeorgesHR, connect values are something that I follow since the beginning, more than 2 years ago: thanks for reminding me. Please could you write a final word about missing stats for kudos and why they have been surgically removed? Being helpful means writing true things too, and i think I'm not wrong here. Thanks 🙂

Hi @LucioV,

I will have to get back to you on that.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Holy moly! I've been gone for only couple of hours!

Guys...

I had a simple question that has been quickly answered in a trustworthy manner and I marked that answer immediately as a solution. That is when the discussion was expected to end.

Dear @VBenedict, I'm afraid we understand different things by "likes in total." The badges show me the last milestone I've passed and the likes recieved from table displays only a little portion of the total number I'm asking for. Also I have to say that I felt like being pushed into accepting your answer by the numerous replies you posted and that the feeling wasn't comfortable.

Dear @GeorgesHR, I appreciate your approach and enthusiasm doing the moderator job that is so demanding and necessary. It is very difficult to see the context of every discussion but the context is the king in communication and I'm convinced that in this very case, @LucioV was on point.

Lucio, my friend. Thank you for the answer and your contribution to LGC in general. For me, you represent the very best of Connect and its values. Keep it up!

Love 

Hi @LucioV,

We think it’s great that Local Guides love each other’s content and as the focus is on creating great content rather than receiving likes, we made this adjustment to best reflect Connect’s mission.

Level 10

Yes @GeorgesHR I can understand, but I think that creating great content brings tons of likes, and there is nothing bad in them showing them in personal profile.

It's so strange that this feature, that was present since the beginning in Connect had to be limited that way.

Regarding great content, the new way the posts are shown put a lot of focus on main image, that is featured as preview in the grid view; this is causing two different kind of issues

Anyway I think you noticed that there is something wrong the way connect is working today; have a nice day!

Lucio