YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: What temperature is considered as very cold in your region?

OMG -35 @gemtab just the number make me feel freeze :)))

Level 9

very nice topic bro  @YK1001

here in Jordan less than 8 C its cold but sometimes  the  cold winds really make me feel very cold even if its above 10 you feel very cold :)))

Level 6

9 degrees Celsius.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here in Serbia this winter is one of the most warmest ever with temperatures over 10 & 15 C°, what's extremely unusual. Usually temperatures at this time of the year goes bellow 0 C° as much as -20 and even -30 C°. So this 10+ C° is sooooooooooooo strange that we are all in surprise. Serbia is in Southeast Europe...

Level 5

Hello world of local guides

in my part of Sweeden Trelleborg in the region of Skåne very cold is below -15 C but the air is humid so it feels colder

in the capital Stockholm area below -20 is conciderd very cold

and far north (norrland) it aint very cold until below -30 very dry air feels warmer 

In these conditions under -20 you can not brethe in with your nose (it will freeze ) only brethe out with your nose to warm it up

(curios fact)

Connect Moderator

That's a very innovative discussion @YK1001. And very right-on-time topic. In my country, 8/9 C considered as very cold. But in the northern part of the country they face 3/4C temperature too. And for the first time in the country's temperature record, it went down to 0 C this year. A lot of people are suffering from cold. Interesting part is if you go to a house in the northern part of my country, when you will go to sleep at night, you will feel like someone poured water on your bed. It's not just cold, it feels wet too. 

Man, I so hate cold! The only thing I love about winter is, the food. They make a lot of pitha aka cakes from rice flour that always makes me hungry. And the thought of those yummy food just brought water in my mouth. 😛

Level 8

Yes, the cold wind just keep attacking even though all the windows are shut, that is really chilling, @SoniaK.

You have bring up another topic on how local weather shaped the local food culture.  How foods are made and served.

Level 8

Thank you for the interesting fact, @Tribalvvars!

We are taught in HK the function of our nose is to warm and moist the air going into our lung.

Knowing the correct way of breathe in such conditions, make us more ready to face those temperatures.

Level 8

Yes, @OSAMA.  The wind chill effect is really making a difference.

However, this concept is never taught to us in HK.  So people going out hiking / boating still got un-prepared from time to time.

Level 8

Hi @Anonymous,

For how long does this abnormally high temperature last?  

Can the flowers still blossom at the correct time?