ValeriaA_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: What languages can you speak? TELL US! :)

@VijaySavani Great Nice to Meet You Gujrati Friend I can also Speak Hindi & I am from Afghanistan 

'

Level 10

Wow @StephenAbraham, 11 languages, that's crazy! You must be really talented in learning them, I'm sure you won't have any problems learning the other 8... I can help you with Spanish! 🙂 Thank you very much for sharing your experience with languages!

StephenAbraham ha escrito:

@ValeriaAumasque A really fun post.. thanks for sharing this to get us all involved.

I live and work in Malaysia. Great grandparents migrated from China. And my previous life was probably in Kerala in South India. 🙂

Languages I use 

English

Malaysian/Malay Language

Indonesian (almost equivalent to Malaysian Language)

Chinese Mandarin

Chinese Cantonese

Chinese Hokkien

Chinese Hakka

Malayalam (Kerala India native Language)

Tamil (Tamil Nadu India  native Language)

Hindi (not good, but can somewhat manage, need to brush up)

Thai (not good, need to brush up)

Languages I want to learn (in the near future), at least basic conversations.

Arabic

Telugu (Andhra/Telegana India native language)

Nepali Language

Bangla Language

Spanish

French

Japanese

Korean

Thank goodness for so many Local Guides friends who can help me learn.. 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 10

This is awesome @MIHashimi! I love how you described in detail how comfortable you feel interacting in every language. All the best on your turkish learning!! 🙂

MIHashimi ha escrito:

@ValeriaAumasque Well, It`s a very interesting question because you will feel amazing about my this Reply.

My Native Language is Pashto in Afghanistan and I can speak few Languages.

1: English ( Writing + Speaking + Listening + Speaking ) Very Well

2: Arabic ( Writing + Speaking + Listening + Speaking ) Very Well

3: Persian ( Writing + Speaking + Listening + Speaking ) Very Well

4: Hindi ( Speaking + Listening + Speaking ) Good

5: Urdu ( Writing + Speaking + Listening + Speaking ) Very Well

and I started learning the Turkish Language in Istanbul 

Level 2

•  How many languages can you communicate into? Which are they?
  • I can communicate in 2 Languages. Tamil & English.

• How or where did you learn them? When did you start?
  • Tamil is my mother tongue. English is my second language in school. I started to learn English from my 3rd standard in school.

• Apart from your native language, what language makes you feel more confident?
  • Since I can only communicate in 2 languages, of-course it's obviously English.

• Have you ever been to a country where you could speak those languages? How was it? 🙂
  • No. I haven't been any other country yet.

• In what context do you use those languages the most?
  • Tamil for think own, write own and day-to-day life communication with neighbors. English for places other than Tamil Nadu, official or conditional situations.

• Would you like to learn a new language? Which one?
  • I like to learn Hindi.
Level 7

• Where are you from?
  • How many languages can you communicate into? Which are they?

I'm from The Netherlands and I am able to communicate in three languages: Dutch, English and German.

I learned English at my High School, starting when I was 10 years old. I've always loved it! I started learning German at my High School as well. Dutch is my native language,

I feel really confident when I speak English, because when I speak German I feel myself uncertain.

• Have you ever been to a country where you could speak those languages? How was it? 🙂

I have been to London so I lived my life in London for one week. It was awesome! At first kinda difficult until I got used to the accent 🙂

I speak some English on school, because I need to learn it there. but now I can practice my English A LOT here in connect! It's great. I speak all the way Dutch to everyone.

I'm interested in learning French or Italian, I find them very interesting! Hope I can do so one day.

Level 10

Hi @D-Elfrink, nice to have you here!

Our experience with languages is very similar, as we both speak English and German as second languages 🙂 Thanks for sharing it with us!

D-Elfrink ha escrito:
  • Where are you from?
  • How many languages can you communicate into? Which are they?

I'm from The Netherlands and I am able to communicate in three languages: Dutch, English and German.

I learned English at my High School, starting when I was 10 years old. I've always loved it! I started learning German at my High School as well. Dutch is my native language,

I feel really confident when I speak English, because when I speak German I feel myself uncertain.

I have been to London so I lived my life in London for one week. It was awesome! At first kinda difficult until I got used to the accent 🙂

I speak some English on school, because I need to learn it there. but now I can practice my English A LOT here in connect! It's great. I speak all the way Dutch to everyone.

I'm interested in learning French or Italian, I find them very interesting! Hope I can do so one day.

Level 10

Hi @gans69! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It's always good to know a second language. I guess you can practice a lot of English here in Connect as well!

Hope to meet you in another post 🙂

gans69 ha escrito:

•  How many languages can you communicate into? Which are they?
  • I can communicate in 2 Languages. Tamil & English.

• Tamil is my mother tongue. English is my second language in school. I started to learn English from my 3rd standard in school.

• Since I can only communicate in 2 languages, of-course it's obviously English.

• No. I haven't been any other country yet.

• Tamil for think own, write own and day-to-day life communication with neighbors. English for places other than Tamil Nadu, official or conditional situations.

• I like to learn Hindi.

Level 10

Hello everyone!

I'm from Ukraine.

My native language is Ukrainian.

I speak Russian well.

I study English. But this is difficult for me.

🙂

Привет @OSAMA

Вы разговариваете по русски?

В каких городах России Вы бывали?

Andriy Degula
Level 5

My language is world's most Ancient language "Sanskrit" which is the base of all language. I am from India . Which welcome people of all religions. 

Level 9

как дела!?? @AndriyDegula

я уверен, что посетил ваш город 

Откуда ты?!? 👍😁👍🎉