НатальяЛ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

What does the Local Guides program mean to me: my virtual planet where I live

I want to make the world better and more convenient for people. Therefore, I add new places to Google Maps and share reviews.

Since I began to add information to Google Maps, I perceive the world in a different way. I start to pay attention to details. Now, when I go to a new place, I form my opinion about this place and share this opinion on Google Maps. Thanks to this, I feel like a person who helps people.

My photos are far from excellent because I am not a professional photographer and the camera on my small phone is not very good. But I try to give people necessary and helpful information. It gets me glad when I check my reviews and photos are seen and evaluated. Especially a lot of estimations get my reviews about medical and rehabilitation institutions. I understand the needs of sick people because I am also a disabled person. I attempt to help sick people to find useful information.

For instance, my review of the rehabilitation center "Tri Sestry" is quite popular. (Rehabilitation center "Tri Sestry").

The photos have more than 12000 views.The photos have more than 12000 views.

The photos have more than 12000 views. The photo of the entrance of the Moscow branch of the Russian Society of Disabled People on Bahrushin street has 32 142 views.

The photo of rules for visiting patients of Family Planning and Reproduction Clinic has 23 459 views (Family Planning and Reproduction Clinic Rules).

Family Planning and Reproduction Clinic RulesFamily Planning and Reproduction Clinic Rules

I also like to attend cultural events: exhibitions, concerts, performances, theaters — and leave feedback about them. I especially like to visit contemporary art exhibitions.

The house is crammed; the boxes glitter... (A.S.Pushkin "Eugeny Onegin")The house is crammed; the boxes glitter... (A.S.Pushkin "Eugeny Onegin")

Thanks to the Local Guide program, I get to know my hometown better. For instance, once I saw a bust of the architect S.A. Brzhozovsky, which is not on Google Maps. I added a monument to the maps. Then I opened Google search and got information about this person. I include the information in my review. So Local Guides contribute to my self-education.

S.A. BrzhozovskyS.A. Brzhozovsky

Bust of the architect S.A. Brzhozovsky

When I know that my changes in Google Maps are useful for people I feel better.

By Google Maps, I can make virtual trips around the world. Google Street View immerses me in the environment of an unknown city, lets me walk through the streets, see exciting places. So I can get to know the world better and get ready for real travel.

Moscow, Россия