MauroLibertucci's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What do you think about quality local guide ?

Hello,

my name is Mauro Libertucci and I am a Italian level 5 Local Guides and would like to share with you my thoughts.

I'm a Local Guides for about a year and I am convinced that Google should focus more on being able to have the reviews and photos of excellent QUALITY 'in order to make Google Maps a real point of reference compared to other systems as fos example Trip Advisor.

This in my opinion could be encouraged by allocating points to local guides not only based on fixed rules namely: one review one point and two photos one point etc ... We must instead reward those guides Locals who do quality reviews and photos that get many views.

To give just one example, you could give it a higher score if the descriptions of the ratings exceed the number of 100 characters or give additional scores if the individual ones reach the 5,000 or 10,000 views, or give additional points to guide they review more nations or continents etc..etc .. Entering the particular I who have published 173 reviews 695 photos currently have reached 513 points. But if you look at my reviews I am very detailed and my pictures have a total of 2,025,000 views but I have the same score of other leaders who have published my same number of reviews and pictures but they wrote a single word in the explanations and they have a tenth of the views of their photos than mine.

In this way there is no discrimination between quality guides and guides that roughly add content to the detriment of the overall quality of the service that Google offers.

I would love to know what you think .... However, I continue to do my best so that others can benefit from my contributions.

I attach two photos with 100.000 views

Greetings

Mauro LibertucciIMG_20160305_141717.jpgIMG_20160728_203318.jpg

Villa Adriana, Tivoli, RM, Italia
17 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: Whay do you think about quality local guide ?

@MauroLibertucci @ShafiulB

I agree with you, but would like to respectfully add a counter point to the number of views is that maps wants to have each and every location. Popular places are searched by more people and thus photos on those places garner more views. Many a times views on the photo is a function of how many people are searching for that business, rather than anything else. 

So by incentivizing equally the Maps team is able to get local guides to extensively map out their immediate neighborhood on to the map.

Say for example, I added a photo to the movie hall just next to my home, and the photo become header image and it got 100k views. Now if I were to increase photo views, it is clear that I should add photos for each and every movie hall in my city - since they are searched a lot. But by having equal points for contributions, I am encouraged to add more and more businesses around my home which were not there on map earlier. 

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

@MauroLibertuccihi

Thanks for your feedback, You wrote a nice topic , Its has a summary or this is not bad .

You want points not for the numbers of the contribution but for the quality.

Local Guides team is also aware about spam reviewer or they continue filter our contribution or minus illegal points ...  

Happy  guiding ...

Level 7
Solution

I agree with you, but would like to respectfully add a counter point to the number of views is that maps wants to have each and every location. Popular places are searched by more people and thus photos on those places garner more views. Many a times views on the photo is a function of how many people are searching for that business, rather than anything else. 

So by incentivizing equally the Maps team is able to get local guides to extensively map out their immediate neighborhood on to the map.

Say for example, I added a photo to the movie hall just next to my home, and the photo become header image and it got 100k views. Now if I were to increase photo views, it is clear that I should add photos for each and every movie hall in my city - since they are searched a lot. But by having equal points for contributions, I am encouraged to add more and more businesses around my home which were not there on map earlier. 

Level 7

I agree with you , I hope to take them into consideration

Connect Moderator

@VinayakGarg @MauroLibertucci @belmahdia Hello !! to all ...

If we talking about any Consideration to Local guides team , we should have to use the Feedback and Feature Requests board .

Happy Guiding .

Level 8

Re: What do you think about quality local guide ?

@VinayakG wrote:

Thank you for the reply.... @VinayakGarg
This may already be a partial solution to my reflection.
Another example would be to encourage the guides who review places in countries other than the origin. I who am Italian I can do a review of a Finnish restaurant to let the impressions of an Italian who has eaten at that restaurant

Level 10

Thanks @VinayakGarg

@belmahdia

@ShafiulB

@MauroLibertucci

@VinayakG wrote:

Level 10

If base on view count for score, late comer will be hard to take over too.

You can imagine a photo that listed on Google Map for few years, will never replaced by the latest photo.

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Fine me on Instagram: brett.to.go
Level 8

@MauroLibertucciyou made some great points!

Level 7

O que você acha dos níveis do Local Guides? 
What do you think of Local Guides levels?

Níveis do Local Guides - Levels Of Local Guides - PU1JFC.jpg

Signature - PU1JFC - Transp - Signature_-_Assinatura_-_PU1JFC__.gif

<EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED BY MODERATOR>