Debopriya_97's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

What are the benefits of being a Google Local Guide in 2018?

Hey to all Local guides present here in Local Guides Connect. I am new as a Local Guide. I just wanted to get some idea about the different advantages of being a Local Guide in 2018 . If any one can bring to my notice if there are different advantages as per diff level. I would be obliged to everyone .:) 🙂

Thank You

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
8 comments
Level 10
Level 10

Re: What are the benefits of being a Google Local Guide in 2018?

Hi @Debopriya_97

First of all, Nice to meet you.

I would like you read the following posts, maybe this information is useful for you:

1. Perk LG
  2. Repository of lists of Perks for Local Guides

Cheers

Level 10

Hi @Debopriya_97

Warm welcome to Local Guides Connect Community

This is a volunteer program, there isn't a direct financial gain to it. Sometimes there could be small perks given just to encourage us along the way, but that shouldn't be taken as a financial gain, as it's usually quite small.  Please be informed that there is no payment or being an LG is not a job.

Local Guides is a voluntary program and many people participate in it because they want to be able to help others via the Google Maps platform.

Sometimes, there are perks available and it will vary from time to time and from region to region. It depends on who the Google partners are. There may also be special and/or early access to Google features. You can read more about it on the official support page found here.

You can also read a bit about this on this page "Why be a Local Guide?

To make sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'.

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 8

Level 5

Thank you so much for the information

Level 10

Hi Dear colleague @Debopriya_97
I ask you to use the "AT" Sign mark ( @ ) before the profile's name if they want to reply to a post. for example @Rezgar
In many posts, I see something that the audience is unclear, thank you.

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 7

I've done it regularly and actually I never see any offers from Google, for me 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Hello @robocopvn,

Welcome to Connect!

You can check your current perks in your personal Local Guides profile home. If nothing is listed, then there is no current perks for yourself.

And you can have a look at this post where almost all the current/previous perks and their date of expiry is mentioned.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 4

Thank you so much for the information