TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why be a Local Guide?

Googler

Photo Caption: Image of myself, @i_yudhi and @shirley jumping during a trip to Vancouver in January 2017.Photo Caption: Image of myself, @i_yudhi and @shirley jumping during a trip to Vancouver in January 2017.

There are millions of Local Guides around the world who share reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Doing this helps others find great local places, supports small businesses, and can even make it easier for people to get vital information. (Think about the importance of knowing whether a place is wheelchair accessible or the hours of operation for a nearby clinic.)

There are many reasons why Local Guides contribute, but whether you love to review vegetarian restaurants or add missing info, you can make a huge impact on a global scale. By sharing your knowledge on Google Maps, you’re telling your story and having it seen by people all around the world. Being a Local Guide could also lead to being featured in a Local Guides video or getting an invitation to Google-hosted Local Guides events like last year’s Summit or this year’s Connect Live. If you have a story you want to tell on camera, tell us about it using this casting form.

In addition to helping others, connecting with like-minded Local Guides, and getting your stories told, your contributions could also get you rewards. As a special surprise, rewards may be offered from time to time to say “thanks!” for being a Local Guide. Recent rewards include a digital subscription to The New York Times, free movie tickets from Atom, and discounted redBus tickets.

Didn’t get a reward? The Local Guides program is constantly evolving, and so are rewards. We are always looking to offer more rewards to more Local Guides, so be sure your email preferences have rewards emails enabled by visiting your Local Guides home.

If you have a suggested partner, or a reward you would like to see offered in your area, we welcome your feedback in the comments below.

Photo Caption: Image of Local Guides from last year’s annual event in front of a LOVE sign in San Francisco. Photo credit: @SergeySudPhoto Caption: Image of Local Guides from last year’s annual event in front of a LOVE sign in San Francisco. Photo credit: @SergeySud

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
331 Comments