PaulKang's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

What I'm (still) passionate about as a Google Maps Local Guide

I engage with Google Maps a little differently now that I have two small children. I still love to add new businesses to Google Maps after they’ve opened when their owners have forgotten to. I’m even more passionate about helping revise their listings if someone else created a listing with inaccurate information. Having children has opened my eyes to the necessity of finding all of the locations or businesses where my kids can safely eat, learn and play as much as they to grow in today’s hectic society. I used to not place much emphasis on written reviews, but that has changed and I write extensively to help parents who are looking for healthy activity options for their families.

Although I have yet to convince local government officials where I’ve lived to allocate resources to improve public services accessibility through Google Maps, I still strive to give back by updating Google Maps to accurately reflect key government offices, health clinics, community centers, schools, parks, etc. Life is difficult enough as it is, but it shouldn’t be a struggle to quickly find the right information to obtain services for yourself and your family.  

We as Local Guides don’t usually receive feedback from regular people who have engaged with our uploaded content. I have and it is one of the most rewarding feelings that one can experience, especially since it’s just about a mapping platform. That is why I’m still part of this program and want it to have as big and positive of an impact on society as possible. Especially with new functionalities added every year, Google Maps can be a tremendous tool for helping individuals navigate life’s challenges by having the information to move from A to B.

Paul Kang
Greater Nashville, Tennessee
Nashville, TN, USA
1 comment
Level 9

Re: What I'm (still) passionate about as a Google Maps Local Guide

Excellent perspective.