Sharif_mamun's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Watermelon Farms Visit | Fruit Farm Visit In Bangladesh

Last week I planned to visit a watermelon farm in our local town called joypurhat and it was a very exciting trip to me because in our city we do not have these kinds of a fruit farm so it was very exciting place to visit. Finally Myself and my two other friends went the farm from our main city to farm area it was 18 mile distance.

After reaching the farm we talked with the farmer to know about their project and they let us know it was also a new thing to do for them as well. Then we bought a watermelon from the farm owner to taste fresh fruit and it was very delicious as well. it cost $1.20 per k.g. After finishing the fruit we want to leave and surprisingly farm owner called an auto-rickshaw for us to travel back in our main city joypurhat. Finally, we thanked the farm owner and leave the place. 

Farm location: Pathan para, koitahar, Joypurhat 

Me taking a picture in the watermelon farmMe taking a picture in the watermelon farmThere was 3 color of watermelon in the fruit farmThere was 3 color of watermelon in the fruit farmside view of  watermelon farmside view of watermelon farmUpper side view of the fruit farmUpper side view of the fruit farmWe have bought a fruit from the farm owner and cutting it to eatWe have bought a fruit from the farm owner and cutting it to eatrainy moment of the farmrainy moment of the farm

Joypurhat, Bangladesh
11 comments
Level 9

Re: Watermelon Farms Visit | Fruit Farm Visit In Bangladesh

@Sharif_mamun Good to see these watermelons. I have never seen a watermelon field yet. 😞

Connect with me: My blog, YouTubeFacebookInstagram

Level 7

@SaifIS Thanks and these fruit farm are really beautiful. 

Level 8

@Sharif_mamun একদিন মিটআপ করে আমাদের ও তরমুজ খাওয়ান। 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Sharif_mamun,

Thank you for sharing your experience while visiting a watermelon farm.

It was very interesting to find out how the water melons are grown there. I am curious why they are hanged in these bags while growing? Is it because of the shape or to be protected from pests? Here in my country watermelons are grown on the ground.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

@MashaPS Thanks for your reply, these watermelon hanging in the bags because they might fall down so they protect it with these techniques. 

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Sharif_mamun,

Thanks for your reply.

This is completely new and different technology from what I have seen. It is interesting to get to know how different cultures are doing this.

Thank you.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@Sharif_mamun Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The farm seems large and nice. Is the one you tried sweet? 

Level 7

@Ant_Bad_Yogi Yes it was sweet and very tasty 

Connect Moderator

I love watermelon @Sharif_mamun.  I've never seen them hanging off the vine like this.  It's amazing that they do hang there like this as they can be quite heavy.  I've only ever seen them growing on the ground.

Top 100 Local Guides Leaderboards from over 100 different countries!!!