cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Visiting Gävlebocken of Sweden

Gävlebocken, Gävle, SwedenGävlebocken, Gävle, Sweden

Hi everyone,

This post is about my last trip to visit Gävlebocken. Gävlebocken is a traditional icon which is situated in Gävle city in Sweden and this is erected every December for one month. I am going to provide few information about each of the places I visited in this trip. I have captured a lot of 360 photos for updating Google Street View. I am posting them now gradually. 

TanbeenAmin Gävle.jpgTanbeenAmin Gävle.jpg

Gävle city: 
Gävle is a city in Sweden, situated in the Gävle Municipality and the capital of Gävleborg County. It has 102 418 inhabitants (in 2019). It is the 13th most populated city in Sweden. It is the oldest city in the historical Norrland. 

Gudinna I Hyperboreiskt Hav: 
In the middle of the city you will see a big sculpture which is called Gudinna I Hyperboreiskt Hav. It is an almost four meter long and eight ton heaby sculpture in Småland granite by Eric Grate which depicts a monumental female body. It was placed in May in 1956 on Rådhustorget in Gävle on the initiative of the GDJ Foundation for Gävle's 500th anniversaty. 

Centrum in day - tinyplanetCentrum in day - tinyplanet Centrum in night - tinyplanetCentrum in night - tinyplanet

Hemlingby Hill:

In this trip I visited Hemlingby Hill which is situated in beside Hemlingbystugan. People can ski here in the winter time. There is a camping, hiking and trekking trail in this area. It is a tourist attraction. 

Gävlebocken in TinyplanetGävlebocken in Tinyplanet

Gävlebocken: 
Gävlebocken is actually Gävle Goat. In the christmas time, Gävle has a beautiful tradition of Gävlebocken. Gävlebocken is erected every year on the first day of Advent, which is in the late November or early December. The design of the first goat was assigned to the chief of the Gävle fire department, Gavlen's brother Jörgen Gavlen. The construction of the goat was carried out by the fire department, and erected the goat each year. It is a 13 meter (43ft) tall and 7 meter (23ft) long with the weight of 3 Ton. I have created a 360 video of the Gävlebocken. You can have a look at the bocken here: 

I used to live in Gävle two years ago. Then I moved to Stockholm.  I have a lot of memories in this city. Sometimes I visit the city and I can see everything in my eyes. I love the city. This is very clean and fresh. You can see more clear sky here than in Stockholm. Most probably because of the less pollution. 

I have created a cinematic on this trip. I would like to share with you: 

I am very glad to share the trip story with you. Please let me know your opinion on the post. 

Gävle, Sweden
4 comments
Level 9

Re: Visiting Gävlebocken of Sweden

Hello @TanbeenAmin 

Thank you for sharing this nice post about amazing small city 

Gävle.I like your post and you nice video. 

I see that there is no snow in the Sweden this year, is it right? 

What is the temperature of air?

The sculpture of goats is impressive. 

Last year I visited Sweden  and Denmark  in January., from 2 .01 to 10.01.

I like Stockholm very much., especially  Gamla Stan. 

The city was so festive and beautiful! 

But there was no snow,it was warm. 

I have a lot of impressions  from the city. 

My best wishes for the new year, 

Happy 2021!

Level 8

Hello @helga19 

Thanks for liking my photos, videos and the post 😊

The day I visited Gävle, was much cold. And that is about -2C (-11C real feel). And the next day, we saw much snowfall, but thats it. No snow yet untill last night. I saw few white surface in the morning, but now its gone again. 

I like te Gamla Stan too. It is nice to just sit in the cafe or anywhere in Gamla Stan, may be with a cup of coffee. 

Thank you And best wishes for 2021 😊

Level 9

This is my album from Stockholm. 

If you want, you can watch it @TanbeenAmin 

Best wishes from Moscow. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jofoLpuzK7Knfvyw5

Level 8

@helga19 Thank you for sharing your trip photo with me. I really like the trip. I can see you enjoyed a lot. 
However, I wish to visit Moscow someday. I know Moscow is a nice city to travel. 😄