Lusianaa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Valentine's Day Strawberry Dessert Ideas

Hello Local Guides! Have you been searching for a delicious dessert recipe to make for your loved ones this Valentine's Day?

I'm particularly fond of strawberry things and I want to share with you three strawberry dessert ideas you can make at home. There's no baking involved and no need advanced cooking skills in these recipes. The results are very beautiful and ready to impress people you love this coming Valentine’s Day 💕

Strawberry Milk Pudding

Strawberry Milk Pudding.jpg

Strawberries are delicious. Milk pudding is delicious too. What's not to love with this strawberry milk pudding? On top of that, the strawberries arrangement that looks like flowers makes the whole pudding even sweeter than it would have been.

When you hear the word "pudding", some of you probably know it as a mousse type of dessert. But in my region and most of Asian countries, a term of "pudding" is almost always a type of dessert that contains agar-agar or jelly powder. The texture is semisolid and more dense.

Ingredients:
15-20 fresh strawberries
2 pack agar-agar powder (I use Swallow Globe brand)
250 g sugar
1500 ml full cream milk

Instructions:
1. Cut the strawberries and arrange them like flowers in a round baking pan.
2. Place agar-agar powder, sugar, and milk in a pan. Stir to combine and bring it to a boil.
3. Slowly pour the agar mixture into the baking pan.
4. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour until fully set.

Chocolate Strawberry Mochi

Chocolate Strawberry Mochi.jpg

I remember eating this Japanese dessert when I visited South Korea, and it is surprisingly easy to replicate at home. Strawberry mochi (daifuku) is usually stuffed with sweet red bean paste as the filling, but I use chocolate paste here. The combination of soft and chewy mochi, chocolate paste, and fresh and juicy strawberry is such a perfect match!

Ingredients:
6 fresh strawberries

For chocolate paste
50 ml water
80 g sugar
25 g butter
50 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
120 gr all-purpose flour
20 g cocoa powder

For mochi
120 g glutinous rice flour
80 g sugar
185 ml water
Cornstarch for dusting

Instructions:
1. Place water, sugar, butter, and dark chocolate in a pan. Stir to combine and cook over low heat until simmering.
2. Pour the mixture of flour and cocoa powder, then stir to combine. Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes until the soft dough is achieved.
3. Wrap each strawberry with chocolate paste. Set aside.
4. In a bowl, mix glutinous rice flour, sugar, and water. Steam for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, the mixture will reach a thick and elastic consistency (mochi dough).
6. Dust work surface with cornstarch, put the mochi on top, then divide into 6 equal pieces.
7. Put some cornstarch on your hands, flatten and expand each mochi into round, then wrap each chocolate covered strawberry in it.

Strawberry Dessert Box

Strawberry Dessert Box.jpg

Dessert in a box is currently trending in Jakarta. This dessert is also very easy to make at home using any flavor you like. I use biscuit crumbs for the base, cream cheese on the second layer and gooey strawberry ganache on top. It tastes as good as it looks! Oh so yummy!

Ingredients:
10-12 fresh strawberries

First layer
10-15 digestive biscuits
3 tbsp melted butter

Second layer
100 g cheddar cheese, finely grated
5 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
500 ml full cream milk

Third layer
125 g strawberry flavored chocolate, finely chopped
2 tbsp cornstarch
300 ml full cream milk

Instructions:
1. Crush the biscuits and mix them with melted butter. Put the biscuit crumbs into the box.
2. Cook all the second layer ingredients over low heat until thick and simmering, then pour it on top of the first layer.
3. Heat the milk only until it is warm. Turn off the heat, add in strawberry flavored chocolate, then stir to combine. Add in cornstarch and cook over low heat until simmering.
4. When it is done, pour the strawberry ganache on top of the second layer that has slightly hardened.
5. For the decoration, arrange strawberries according to your preference.
6. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

There are plenty of delicious sweet treats you can buy in stores for Valentine's Day gift, but spending a little extra time to make a great simple dessert would be more meaningful to celebrate this cheerful and loving time of the year.

Whether you will be in the company of your partner, family members, close friends, or rocking it solo this Valentine's Day, remember that you are loved ❤️

What are Valentine's Day desserts you like to make? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Jakarta, Indonesia
33 comments
Level 9

Re: Valentine's Day Strawberry Dessert Ideas

Looks delicious, thank you for sharing with us @Lusianaa 

Former Google Contributor

Wow, @Lusianaa! Your photos are stunningly beautiful! 😍

All of the desserts look so tempting and luscious and at the same time not that hard to prepare. 😊 I love their stylish look that could melt everyone's heart. 😁

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Very nice looking @Lusianaa and I imagine they taste pretty good too. I had a quick look at your Maps profile and your contributions are great. Keep up the good work :).

Paul

Level 6

@AbdullahAM Thank you 🙂

Level 6

Thanks a lot @TsekoV ! Glad you enjoyed this post and I hope you find something that inspires you 😁 Have you prepared something special for this Valentine's Day?

Level 6

Thank you so much @PaulPavlinovich I will continue giving my best 😊

Level 8

Thanks for sharing these delicious pics @Lusianaa . All are tempting photos.

Abhishek Patki
Connect Moderator

The @Lusianaa 

Valentine special dessert  hmm nothing 😂 

But  I created dessert or beverage called here ager mitoha (  jelly  in - laws , weird name but reality )  yesterday ,only from jelly nutrijell,  slice it and adding sweet  liquid milk , done . 

By the way is so sweet decorations puzzle of strawberry look red flowers ,, kudos 

Thanks for sharing

Connect Moderator

Amazing work @Lusianaa ! You make it sound easy but it feels really challenging! I think I can do the first strawberry milk pudding and I might figure out the strawberry dessert box but the mochi might the toughest!! Thanks for sharing though 😊

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews