MABA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

VISA process

Google Local Guides mentioned in their FAQs that "If any Level 5 Local Guide selected and his/her visa application is denied, an alternative attendee will be selected to attend the summit". So here, in what reason the VISA can be denied from giving to the selected person, why not if he/she selected can go for the summit? Can you please explain us this point. Thank you

Kindly yours,

MABA
Tunis, Gouvernorat de Tunis, Tunisie
7 comments
Level 8

Re: VISA process

The process of applying for a Visa takes time and money. Under certain circumstances, you may or may not be told why your visa has been denied. According to the US Bureau of Consular Affairs, below are some of the example reasons: 

• Did not fully complete the visa application and/or provide all required supporting documentation - INA section 221(g)
  • Did not establish eligibility for the visa category being applied for or overcome the presumption of being an intending immigrant - INA section 214(b)
  • Was convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude - INA section 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(I)
  • Was convicted of a drug violation - INA section 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(II)
  • Has two or more criminal convictions for which the total sentence of confinement was 5 years or more - INA section 212(a)(2)(B)
  • Did not demonstrate proof of adequate financial support in the United States; therefore denied under public charge - INA section 212(a)(4)
  • Misrepresented a material fact or committed fraud to attempt to receive a visa – INA section 212(a)(6)(C)(i)
  • Previously remained longer than authorized in the United States - INA section 212(a)(9)(B)(i)

Other reasons may be found here (Link).

Level 9

Offering the USA visa is totally at the discretion of the US home office and as @RobAo mentioned in details they are not obliged to provide any reasons for rejection.

I personally experienced that at a US embassy when a guy's application was rejected after hours of questions and he couldn't question them back. But these are extreme cases which happens very rarely so as long as your have a clean history and if your provide all needed documents you would never need to think about rejection of visa. Being selected to the google summit is of course a very good reason to apply for Visa hence keep your fingers crossed. 

All the best with your application @MABA

Level 10

Thanks. Very good answer.

Level 8

@RobAo

Thanks for your valuable reply.

Level 8

Level 10

Adequate information indeed

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 10

@MABA visa and Connect live selection totally different issue . visa make sure by US govt . they have all rights to give visa or not . there google do nothing . if any one got visa then they take another steps

Mahabub Hasan