ThiruPraveen18's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

(Urgent) Someone renamed Coimbatore International Airport to some spam name

Greetings,

Someone has claimed the business location of 'Coimbatore International Airport' and now it's being displayed as 'Swati Tours & Cabs'. I still wonder if someone can claim such an huge and important place belonged to the government? As a local guide, I wanted to correct this and have already requested an edit in the Maps app. However, since it is a serious issue, I want Google's quick overview in it.

Please check, @AriMar @TsekoV.

Swathi Travels & Cabs, Airport Road, Civil Aerodrome Post, Peelamedu, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
6 comments
Google Moderator

Re: (Urgent) Someone renamed Coimbatore International Airport to some spam name

Hi @ThiruPraveen18,

Thank you for reaching out! We'll investigate this issue internally, and take any necessary actions. 

Can you please provide the Google Maps URL of this location?

I'm going to move your post to How-tos. In the future, please post similar issues in this topic section, and make sure to only tag Google Moderators. Thanks so much!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Google Moderator

Thank you for the link, @ThiruPraveen18

I've escalated this internally. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hi again, @ThiruPraveen18,

Could you please provide a correct Google Maps link of the airport which is claimed as a business and renamed? I couldn't see this location when I opened the link you gave me.

Level 9

It's resolved now and the location reported was removed I hope. That's the reason you were unable to view the link.

Thanks for the response and action taken.

Google Moderator

Hey @ThiruPraveen18,

Glad to hear everything was resolved.

Feel free to tag me or any of the other Google Moderators for similar issues in the future. And don't forget to put the @ mark in front of the name, so that we receive a notification and know that you're addressing us. That's how you can tag any Connect member, too. 🙂