Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Upload error “Message” on Mob/Tab and PC displays photos correctly - TravellerG

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Photo #2; Caption: Cover Photo

Hello, Googler @DeniGu,

Problem 1 of 2:
The error between Mobile, Tab and PC (laptop) for displaying photos on Google Maps account:

(Gist: An error appears on Mobile & Tab - but the PC displays photos correctly).

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform mePhoto #2; Caption: The screenshot captured on the mobile.

The first three photos in the mobile (& Tab) display the message “Your upload is Pending”; this message is common for all reviews!

Once we click open the PoI, the same error is displayed on all the photos (Details Here

Photo #3; Caption: The screenshot of the same PoI on the PC. However, if you open the same PoI on a PC, it shows all the images correctly.  

The above example is of a PoI which is still private - whereas…

This is a published PoI, but the error is the same on Mobile & Tab, whereas the PC displays it correctly.

Kindly let me know whether this is a known problem to Google or what is the solution - thanks.

Notes: 

1. I have also tried uploading the reviews/photos from the location; the same error results.
  2. The Mobile is OnePlus 11 5G with Android 14 (Another iQoo 12 also has the same error).
  3. The tab runs on Android 8 (Huawei MediaPad T5)
  4. PC is Windows 11 (i7, 16 GB).
  5. Firmware on mobiles is up to date; Google Maps is updated.
  6. I work on the internet with above 300 Mbps Up & Download. (further info can be provided if needed).

Problem 2 of 2:

As advised by you in an earlier response to me, I kept contributing to Google Maps regularly; unfortunately, many of my reviews/photos are not public. I have also filled out the “Account Investigation Form”, a couple of times - of course, at least once, I remember having all the pending reviews reinstated at one go.

Currently, my number of pending reviews is above 100 (photos are worse); I feel there is something wrong. Can I humbly request you kindly escalate this matter to your appropriate team, please?

Notes:

In this situation too, I have tried uploading the reviews/photos from the actual location; but, then also, the result is unassured.

As you may be aware, I already have above 350,000 points and 23 Crore total views - (just to reiterate that I am not after points) - but, this situation is saddening - I hope, you will do the needful.

My Google Maps profile.

Thanks for all the inspiration and support.

Regards with greetings

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

4 comments
Level 8

Re: Upload error “Message” on Mob/Tab and PC displays photos correctly - TravellerG

Thank you for the update sir @TravellerG .

This is helpful.

Nachiket Methre
Google Moderator

Re: Upload error “Message” on Mob/Tab and PC displays photos correctly - TravellerG

Hi @TravellerG,

Thank you for your patience as I was looking into this. There seem to be other Local Guides experiencing the same "upload pending" situation, so I will forward this to the responsible team to investigate.

Just to check, are you still seeing this message when adding new photos on Maps? Is your internet connection stable?

As for the reviews that aren't public, I saw that you've filled out the Account investigation form, so thank you for that. Due to the high volume of submissions, there's a delay in checking the accounts, so please allow us some time. Thank you!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

I think it's normal dear moderator@DeniGu , because you said ............Just to check, are you still seeing this message when adding new photos on Maps? Is your internet connection stable?............  ......................... You right said Google moderator when my internet connection is full speed no problem to upload & when my internet connection glitch, sometimes upload issue persistent.anyway thanks for valuable information.

shailendraOjha

You can see MY contribution Here Also.
www.youtube.com/@GoogleGuide_shailen13
Level 10

Thank you very much for your kind response, dear Googler friend, @DeniGu,

Regarding the "upload pending" situation, your support is highly appreciated - hope, the same will be sorted out in a week or two.

Answers to your questions:
"are you still seeing this message when adding new photos on Maps"

Yes, it looks like the error has been there for the last 2 months.

- I have tried to upload through the mobile & PC also - the error is the same.

" Is your internet connection stable?"

-  Yes, I have a fibre connection with 300 Mbps upload & download speed and this connection is successfully used for our highly demanding Studio Transmissions.

- I have tried uploading through mobile data (through stable 5G) - but the error remains the same. 

If you still have any questions or any comments which can help to sort out this issue, kindly feel free to ask me - once again thanks.

Regarding 'Reviews Not Public':
To easily locate, I have resubmitted the 'Account Investigating Form today, again - hope this will be helpful. 

Regards with gratitude,

🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me