Amilamadushan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Updating and adding 360 and non 360 images of places is the most interesting thing I've done as a LG

I'm Amila from Sri Lanka .   I'm a Photographer in profession so Photos + New Places + New Friends (LGs)  you get Google Maps. Because of what I do as a photographer  I need to and I get the chance to travel a lot, while my travels I collect so many memories as Photographs for my self and for Google Maps . 

wfefef.jpg

I've been a Local Guide  since 2016 and a Street View trusted Photographer since 2017.  The LG program is a wonderful place where we could meet new friends just crazy as us who's passion is to make a difference to the community and to the world we live in. becoming a trusted pro is the best thing that happened to me so far. it helped me to get recognized in the hotel and construction trade since both of those two industries benefited from 360 images and virtual tours. I have captured many places and added them on to google maps as 360 images and virtual tours.

VideoCapture_20200229-214516 copy.jpg

my second passionate thing is to add photos of the tasty food I photograph both from my assignments and from the places I travel. and I also try to add a honest review about the place as well and how expensive they are.

and of course LG program is a place you can meet people who appreciate what you do and they have a unique way of looking at problems in the community we live in.  for the past few years I've met so many friends who still are my  mentors and apart from that are good friends . @IlankovanT  @AnuradhaP @IsurangaD @NalinK  are few from my long list of LG friends and I also got to know some great personnel from other countries as well such as  @KashifMisidia .
VideoCapture_20200229-214516 copyrfg.jpg

2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Updating and adding 360 and non 360 images of places is the most interesting thing I've done as

Wow @Amilamadushan , Thanks for tagging me and adding me in your post. Really honour for me.

It's about now one year when I met you guys in Colombo, I think it was 2nd of March 2019. And believe me it was super duper day for me, because I got many lessons that day. what is actual  Accessibility walk by @IlankovanT and 360 photography by you. I saw passion of Srilanka local guides, and it impressed me alot.

Wishing you best of luck for your application and thanks again brother. 🤞

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 9

Re: Updating and adding 360 and non 360 images of places is the most interesting thing I've done as

@Amilamadushan  Wonderful post and I know you are doing some great things with your 360 camera 🙂 and thank you so much for adding my name into this list. 

did you plant those seeds?