deepakjhic's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[Update] Google Map feedback event at Google Gurugram

[Update] In this discussion I've requested for more space in drive but after posting this thread in connect everything changed. We do not need more space in drive 

A great discussion at Google office today with @AradhanaB and Google representatives. A huge thanks to Mr. @Gauravkhurana who ask me to post this here on connect. Again thank you so much for invitation & everything. Sorry to say but I'm little bit shy, so I was just waiting for my turn. 😀😁😇🤗

So I want to mention some points here. 

1. We can not edit or add a village name. Only we can send feedback.

2. I have edited a road before 2 months ago and still I'm waiting for approval. There are many other local guides who are facing the same around the world. For example 

( Walker wrote:

I have edited a road, pedestrian path, street before 5 days ago but still it is same. 

deepakjhicc wrote: (reply to Walker) 

Hello my dear Walker street or road can take some time to be approve. 

For more information please refer to the link mention below posted by our Google Moderator #GusM.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie... )

And finally the topic author or connect/Google Moderator mark my reply as a solution. Topic closed. 

I want to know why?? 

3. According to the new feature we can see the name of every business in regional language too. But there are lots of business having wrong name in regional language and we can not edit.

4. There must be a badge on connect for level 8 to 10 local guide so that our edit got accepted very soon. 

5. In 9/7/17 I was hosting a meet-up in sonipat. There were 21 attendees but only one @Prdeep join me. It hurts me a lot. 

6. I want to raise the topic started by Mr. @Partap ji. Yes we need some storage in drive. 

@Netahoy @PushkinShukla @sunitaa @NikhilChawla @Partap @MayankKhatri @AjSingh .

Do share all photos privately with us because many of us do not have all photos.

I also want to promote my North India Local Guides Community here.

At Google GurugramAt Google Gurugram

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Google, Gurgaon, Haryana, India
38 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Gurugram Local Meet up at Google office - Feedback session 12 july

Congrats for the you are part of this meetup my dear. @deepakjhic 

@deepakjhic wrote:

A great discussion at Google office today with @AradhanaB and Google representatives

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Thanks @deepakjhic, was an interesting session indeed. Good to meet all and listen to each others views.

Special thanks to our hostess @AradhanaB@ and other @Googlers for having us for the session. 

++ @MayankKhatri / @sunitaa / @NikhilChawla / @Partap (Hope all call signs are correct)

@AradhanaB could we have a list of all present to help us interconnect and that memorable snap/s.

@deepakjhic wrote:

A great discussion at Google office today with @AradhanaB and Google representatives.

@Netahoy @Gauravkhurana

Level 7

I also don't have the pics

Maybe everyone can upload on their drive and share the link

Level 8

Hi @deepakjhic

Thanks for mentioning me but somehow I didn't got the invitation letter personally.

It was only on the connect forum my name was mentioned in the first five invitees.

Maybe something happened which may lead to changes.

Your details of feedback session is good and informational.

Thanks

Aj Singh

AJ Singh
Level 9

@MayankKhatri wrote:

I also don't have the pics

Maybe everyone can upload on their drive and share the link

waiting for the same. @MayankKhatri

Connect Moderator

I agree with your suggestions @deepakjhic

there are lots of business having wrong name in regional language and we can not edit.

We need to improvement in Google Translate for regional language.

Look this it's very funny translation.

Wrong translationWrong translation

@deepakjhic wrote:

A great discussion at Google office today with @AradhanaB and Google representatives. Again thank you so much for invitation & everything. Sorry to say but I'm little bit shy, so I was just waiting for my turn. 😀😁😇🤗

So I want to mention some points here. 

1. We can not edit or add a village name. Only we can send feedback.

2. I have edited a road before 2 months ago and still I'm waiting for approval. There are many other local guides who are facing the same around the world. For example 

( @Walker wrote:

I have edited a road, pedestrian path, street before 5 days ago but still it is same. 

deepakjhicc wrote: (reply to Walker) 

Hello my dear Walker street or road can take some time to be approve. 

For more information please refer to the link mention below posted by our Google Moderator #GusM.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie... )

And finally the topic author or connect/Google Moderator mark my reply as a solution. Topic closed. 

I want to know why?? 

3. According to the new feature we can see the name of every business in regional language too. But there are lots of business having wrong name in regional language and we can not edit.

4. There must be a badge on connect for level 8 to 10 local guide so that our edit got accepted very soon. 

5. In 9/7/17 I was hosting a meet-up in sonipat. There were 21 attendees but only one @Prdeep join me. It hurts me a lot. 

6. I want to raise the topic started by Mr. @Partap ji. Yes we need some storage in drive. 

@Netahoy @Gauravkhurana @PushkinShukla @sunitaa @NikhilChawla @Partap @MayankKhatri. Do share all photos privately with us because many of us do not have all photos. 

@AjSingh I can't verify you were there or not.

70% Translation are wrong in Google maps. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Hello @AradhanaB

I would like to thank your for an engaging as well as an informative session today at Google Office. I enjoyed sharing my ideas with Google Team and Local Guides (@Parta, @Netahoy@GauravK, @sunitaa@NikhilChawla@Partap@MayankKhatri, deepakjhic) and would be delighted to make GoogleMaps & Google Local Guide more accessible & user-friendly.

Moreover, It was a great Motivational factor to be given an opportunity to share my opinion with like minded people.

at Google Office, ggnat Google Office, ggn

Thanks, Pushkin 

Pushkin Shukla
Level 7

A big Thank you to @AradhanaB for inviting us over and the team from Singapore for patiently listening to our feedback 

And also a great way to connect with other local guides

IMG-20170712-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20170712-WA0003.jpeg

Level 9

Owh everybody allow me to invite my all family members here.

@KarenVChin @Gaieus @Flash @ermest @iyudhi @SampsonF @FaridMonti @Myrathor @IlankovanT @OSAMA