Valentina0892's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Unknown places, the best

Look at the hot waters at more than 3000 MAMSL! This kind of places are not always in Google maps, but they might be documented on YouTube or IG, since they usually are the favorite ones to be visited by vloggers and backpackers (like me!).Hot springs bath after 3 hours of hiking up!Hot springs bath after 3 hours of hiking up!

This place is called Termales de la Cabaña, in the National Natural Park Los Nevados, Colombia.

IMG_20181130_084926.jpg

As Colombian, I always recommend travelers to visit the "Páramo". Páramo is a special ecosystem you can find in very few places on planet (it is placed between 3000 to 5000 MAMSL). Colombia has the biggest páramo extension in world!

Páramo is a fountain of live; high biodiversity and a reservorium for water intakes into Earth! 

IMG-20181030-WA0076.jpg

The representative plant in this ecosystem is the "frailejón". This sunflower cousin grows only 1 cm a year, and it's so delicate. I personally saw a 10 m tall frailejón once (1000 years of age!)Look at the frailejón in the 100 Colombian pesos coinLook at the frailejón in the 100 Colombian pesos coin

Which hidden places do you know about?

♥️Connect with life - Embrace nature♥️

Termales de La Cabaña, Murillo, Tolima, Colombia
13 comments
Level 9

Re: Unknown places, the best

@Valentina0892 is a beautiful páramo, I'll put it on my list of Colombian places to visit. The thermal waters are medicinal, many cultures have used their properties to heal muscle deseases, for example. The frailejón is a medicinal plant too, used to improve respiratory ills.

In Norte de Santander, Colombia, there is the Páramo de Santurbán, which I have not visited yet. But I've been in many Páramos in my country, Venezuela. My favorite is Páramo de la Culata in Mérida because it takes my breath every time I visited. In fact, my honey moon was there. 

Other Venezuelan Páramo are El Tamá and Páramo del Zumbador in Táchira, state nearby with Colombia.Frailejones, Mérida. VenezuelaFrailejones, Mérida. Venezuela

Disfruté mucha leyendo esta publicación. Esas aguas termales invitan. También a una hora más o menos de Cúcuta están las aguas termales de El Raizón, en la vía Pamplona-Cúcuta, Norte de Santander, por el lado de Colombia y por el lado venezolano se encuentran las Aguas termales de Ureña. En fin, que hay opciones para curar esas dolencias musculares por estos lados.
https://goo.gl/maps/QM3jgfhoU7C2.

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Level 6

Hola @BeatrizAguilar! Gracias por tu comentario. A mi personalmente me encanta visitar páramos. Generan una hermosa sensasion de paz. Tu luna de miel debio haber sido una bonita experiencia.

No conozco (y lo tengo en la lista) la zona oriental de mi pais; y menos sabía de los páramos en Venezuela. Bellos destinos para tener presente durante un próximo viaje.

Un saludo.

Level 9

@Valentina0892 Venezuela y Colombia forman parte de la Cordillera Andina, que recorre Sur América, por eso nuestros países tienen páramos. Y sí, ¡mi luna de miel fue tan divina!

Aprovechando que ud compartió un paisaje de Tolima, le cuento que probé un tamal tolimense y me gustó. Pero todavía no me atrevo a probar el lechón tolimense. Me he prometido que un  día de estos lo como solo por curiosidad. Me encantaría leer más publicaciones de su tierra y compartir vivencias de esta cultura  colombiana.

Anímese que aquí nos leemos

Saludos

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing your hidden places @Valentina0892. When I come across hidden places I add them to Maps with images and a review so that other people can find them and enjoy them.

Level 6

Hola, @BeatrizAguilar. Muchas gracias por el voto de confianza, me animas a seguir escribiendo :D! Colombia tiene unos paisajes impresionantes que vale la pena mostrar al mundo.

No te pierdas de comer lechona, es deliciosa (siempre que te guste comer cerdo, claro). A mi también me hace falta probar la tolimense, ya que la lechona que hacen en el resto del país viene con arroz y poca arveja. 

Nos estamos leyendo.

Former Google Contributor

@Valentina0892, thanks for sharing one of your hidden places. 🙂 It looks like a special one! And the plant frailejón is really incredible. Although to me it looks more like a cactus than a plant from the sunflower family but nature is unpredictable. 🙂 

Maybe you have heard about my hidden place because it's not so unpopular but at least for me it was a discovery. This is Termas de Puritama which is located in the middle of the Atacama desert and it's at 3,500 meters above sea level. 

Caption: Termas de Puritama, Desierto de Atacama, Chile (Local Guide @JavieraAu)Caption: Termas de Puritama, Desierto de Atacama, Chile (Local Guide @JavieraAu)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

You are totally right that unknown places are the best, @Valentina0892! Thank you so much for sharing with us yours. It looks very beautiful and the hot springs water are so clear!

I am from Bulgaria and my country has much to offer in terms of small and ancient cities, natural beauty, tucked away places with beautiful legends. So my hidden place is Kostenets, near to the capital city - Sofia. 

It is located at the feet of two mountains and people still do not know it very well. It has three healing mineral springs, used since ancient times, great waterfall and a small church at the top of the mountain. Maybe the waterfall is more popular than the church, so here it is my hidden place - Church "Uspenie Bogorodichno". 

Caption: A photo of  the church at the top of the mountain, Kostenets, Bulgaria. (Georgi Popadyin)Caption: A photo of the church at the top of the mountain, Kostenets, Bulgaria. (Georgi Popadyin)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Hi @JavieraAu! I actually hadn't heard about the Termas de Puritama. I just searched it and it looks quiet and peaceful.

I shall say I had never seen such thing like termales above 3000 meters and still looks like a desert. It is hot as in the rest of Atacama?

If you come to a Páramo, try touching the frailejón. It is like plush because they have tiny tiny filaments to take water from air, so is very different from the cactus. Maybe you see one flowering. The flowers are similar to sunflower, but smaller.

Frailejón flower @Valentina0892Frailejón flower @Valentina0892

Level 6

@Ivi_Ge, that photo is amazing! I can picture a huge beautiful sunset from there! 

It's very little what I have heard about Bulgaria. Your post make me put it on the radar. As latina, to hear about countries so far away, with such an ancestral history, is fascinating.