NareshDarji's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

United Kingdom #ExploreTheMapsChallenge

Let's see how expert you are at finding a place on Google maps.

All Local Guides around the world are welcome to participate in the #ExploreTheMapChallenge!!!

What is the Explore the Maps Challenge? 

Every fortnight, we will share with you the icons and hints of famous places of any one country here. When you find that place, you have to answer it in the quiz given here. You have to choose the correct answer from the four options given below each question.

The fascinating part is that if you've ever visited that place, don't forget to share a photo with us so that our Local Guides friends may see it through your eyes as well.

Which of these icons is your favorite? Please let us know in the comments.

Note: Please don't post your answers publicly. So we can make this challenge a little more interesting.

Country of this week's challenge: United Kingdom 

Quick facts

The United Kingdom made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland is an island nation in northwestern Europe. England – the birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential center of finance and culture. England is also the site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa, and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge. (Source: Google maps)

Can you guess these places by their most famous Landmarks icon?

Caption: A banner with 15 United Kingdom landmark icons from Google Maps and the animated logo of the “Explore the Maps Challenge” (Local Guide @NareshDarji)

Here are some hints to find out places:

• The Great Bell of the striking clock at the north end of the Palace of Westminster is also known as...
  • The world's oldest national public museum
  • London residence and administrative headquarters of the monarch of the United Kingdom.
  • One of the oldest fortified places in Europe.
  • The birthplace and childhood home of Queen Victoria.
  • It is a cantilevered observation wheel on the South Bank of the River Thames in London.
  • Museum was formed in 2006 with collections relating to Scottish antiquities, culture, and history.
  • Home to Scotland’s outstanding collection of modern and contemporary art.
  • A Victorian Gothic monument to a famous Scottish author in Edinburgh.
  • A parish church of the Church of Scotland in the Old Town of Edinburgh.
  • As the seat of the Bishop of London, the cathedral serves as the mother church of the Diocese of London.
  • This is a historic castle on the north bank of the River Thames in central London.
  • This is a public square in the City of Westminster, Central London, established in the early 19th century around the area formerly known as Charing Cross.
  • This is a Gothic abbey church in the City of Westminster, London
  • One of the oldest graveyards in the Old town of Edinburgh, founded in 1598.

Remember: you have only 30 minutes to play this quiz.

I am grateful to @Globe_trotter_Ish for devoting her precious time to the United Kingdom Challenge and writing these hints.

Do you want to help me? I would love to help make a hint !!! If you want to... please send me 10 hints for our next challenge via private message.

Upcoming #ExploreTheMapsChallenge Schedule:

Country

Date

Collaborator

Malaysia

14 December 2021

@StephenAbraham 

India #2

01 January 2022

Tushar Suradkar

Switzerland

17 January 2022

@Kunjan811 

Taiwan

01 February 2022

@ChanneLing 

And much more…

This #ExploreTheMapChallenge has been started with the goal of gathering knowledge on important landmarks in many countries. If you want to find out more, check out our post.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Manchester, UK
29 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: United Kingdom #ExploreTheMapsChallenge

Previous week challenge - Austria

I am grateful to @AnshukMitra and all the Local Guides who took part in this challenge and devoted their precious time. I hope that you will continue to participate in our coming challenges. 

Correct answers

1. Albertina Museum
  2. Belvedere Palace
  3. The Hofburg
  4. Karlskirche
  5. The Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna
  6. Rathaus (Vienna City Hall)
  7. Schonbrunn Palace
  8. Vienna State Opera
  9. The Riesenrad (Viennese Giant Ferris Wheel)

And, the winner is...

Master map explorers @PrateekAgarwal@ajitthite@Kunjan811@Shruti_U 

Congratulations... 

Caption: A banner with Winners of Austria landmark Challenge (Local Guide @NareshDarji)

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @PrateekAgarwal@ajitthite@Kunjan811@Shruti_Ufor winning the contest 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆

Level 9

Yeh....that's wonderful to share the dias with  @PrateekAgarwal,  @Kunjan811@Shruti_U !!! Congrats everyone and thanks @NareshDarji  bhai and @Tushar_Suradkar !!

I will attempt this very shortly.

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | A Photo Challenge of the Roses: Nature's Masterpieces | Unusual, strange siting challenge: I noticed a plane parked next to the highway! ‌ |
Level 10

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @TerryPG 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This content has been removed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

United Kingdom #ExplorethemapsChallenge

This content has been removed.
Level 8

Exciting post, thanks for sharing @NareshDarji bhai... 🙏

With Regards from Assam, India | My Connect Posts