low2205's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Understanding Badges

In Google Map  I am a Level 7. On local guide connect I am a Level 6. Why the difference. I am just getting started on local guide connect, so still a newbie.

Nassau, The Bahamas
13 comments
Level 9

Re: Understanding Badges

it will get updated on connect as well,  it takes time to process through work flow @low2205.

Welcome to Local guides Connect and best of luck with your application for Connect live!

Level 7

Thank you for your quick response.

Level 8

For your information....

Google Local guide and local guide connect both give your badges with a delay. Say you are in level 8 according to your points received but local guide connect shows as you are in Level 7. That's due to the problem in google server which is updated slowly but surely. When the server is updated you will get a mail that confirming your new level (Eg: Level 😎 then your local guide connect also will get updated to a new icon (Here to green star).

The issue with your local guide connect badge order is not corrected. It's a bug. So you will get in scrambled order.

Connect Moderator

@low2205, Welcome to Connect and the Local Guides Program!  

@DrHakam has it almost correct with his response to your question, but is not the "solution."  Google Maps and Connect are on different platforms. And when you move up in Levels or collect new  Local Guides badges, it takes time for this to appear on Google Maps because the systems are validating for accuracy.  It does not happen instantly.  This information is then transferred and syncs up over on Connect. And you will receive an email notification (if you sign up for them which I highly recommend).

There are no bugs or errors. This experience happens to everyone.  It can take up to 72 hours and there could be delays for things to migrate over from Google Maps to Connect if you move up levels during a weekend or Holiday.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 7

Karen since posting I noticed that Level 7 in Google Maps shows that I have posted 300 out of 1000 photos. I am still short in a few other areas. Could that be the reason. 

Thanks for the welcome 

Level 7

AA56F109-3D81-41AD-866C-E90F3571512B.png

Level 8

@low2205 

I was also having the same question as you..

After a little research and as per my last level up experience I got to know that in "Local Guide Connect" it takes around 2 to 3 days to update the level up.

However on FAQ section it is mentioned that they take upto 24 hours to update but what I found is they take more than 48 hours(may be due to some technical issues)

By the way, Nice to see you here..

and have a Good day and wish you a luck..

Aviraj..
Level 7

@KarenVChin Hi Karen, any update? Still on Level 6 on connect but 7 on Maps.

Level 8

Hi @low2205,

I think you should tag other moderators also for solution..

Hi  @ermest@SampsonF@PaulPavlinovich

Could you please help @low2205 as he has leveled up in Maps(7-8 days ago) but LG Connect account is still not updated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Aviraj..