Edward_H's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Unable to add new location or delete any wrong information on my area google map

Oh yes, I didn't describe my question accurately.

What I was trying to do is "propose to edit some regular locations", not Political Boundaries you just mentioned.

I don't know if you can read Chinese, I assume you could, you can see the Google Maps Menu is different in the following pictures.

this location is in Taipei, and it has the function to "propose an modification"this location is in Taipei, and it has the function to "propose an modification"This is the Menu when I locate myself in Taipei, and  there is a function to "add a missing location"This is the Menu when I locate myself in Taipei, and there is a function to "add a missing location"This location is in Beijing, yet It miss the function to "propose an modification"This location is in Beijing, yet It miss the function to "propose an modification"And this is the Menu when I locate myself in Beijing, that function to "add a missing location" just disappearAnd this is the Menu when I locate myself in Beijing, that function to "add a missing location" just disappear

Hope you can understand what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Level 8

Re: Unable to add new location or delete any wrong information on my area google map

Hi @Edward_H,

我看得懂的。

I am getting the same result when I open the POIs you just shared.

I will check if there are any known restrictions for those POIs.  

Level 7

Hi @YK1001,

Really thanks a lot, and if I may, I would like to ask one more question.

I did propose many modifications of locations within China, I'm pretty sure I submitted the right suggestions, but Google just doesn't accept them.

Could you tell me why? Is this because of lacking people to confirm or what?

Level 8

Level 7

Hi, @YK1001,

I have read the articles you recommended to me.

It does answer some questions, thanks!

Level 5

adding road names

how can one add a road name on maps

Level 8

Re: adding road names

Hi @The_Circute,

In Maps:

- Click on Maps Menu

- Choose Send Feedback

- Choose Edit Maps

- Select a road segment

- Then follow the screen to suggest the Road Name.

Level 5

i am using the desktop maps. under feedback i have just two options:

the add a missing place a other feedback. 

i do not have that one of adding a road

Level 8

Hi @The_Circute,

Desktop Maps has Full Mode and Lite Mode.  Please see https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3031966?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en for details.

Full Mode and Lite Mode have different options under "Send Feedback".

With Desktop Maps (that is in Full mode when not mentioned), there should be 4 options under "Send Feedback"

1.  Edit Maps (edit names of a road included)

2.  Add a missing place

3.  Report missing road

4.  Other feedback

Please double check you are using Desktop Maps in Full Mode.

Level 8

Hi!
@YK1001, I'm having the same issue as @The_Circute.

In full mode, there is no option to add road (or even add road name) option in that menu you pointed out.

What could be the problem?