Joesuperpower's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Trilingual

Ummm..... Hello there! Here my time is 12.41 PM. I'm having my lunch in office now 🙂

I speak Bahasa Indonesia (my mother tongue), Malay (childhood environtment), English (learn from school), Mandarin Chinese (family background), understand Cantonese and Hokkian Dialects (childhood hometown) and a little Japanese (used to work in Japanese company).. The last is x language (like: when you're too lazy to say yes, you just go 'uh huh....' or yawning when you are too sleepy).

Ahh nice to know you! 

Ps. Directed to this page when I received ConnectGuide Event in SF email this morning 🙂

Level 8

which languages do you speak?

Level 9

Hi @Joesuperpower

I am from India I can speak in four languages wichw are English,Hindi,Kannada,

And Tulu.(what to call a person knowing 4 languages)

In India there is 21 official languages .

India is famous for its diversity.

So proud to be an Indian.

Jai hind ,Vande.mataram🇮🇳

Level 8

EN: Hello 

HINDI: नमस्ते

FR: Bonjour

Level 8

In India it is very common for people to speak 3 to 4 languages.

Here we have our own mother tongue, then regional language depends on which state we live then national language Hindi and official one English and people who are on the move learn more than 3 -4 .

I speak about 5 different languages and can understand 2 more. These 2  not  very fluent while talking.

Level 8

is the indian language difficult? 

Level 8

Hello, very nice question. As we are born here languages are learnt without any hitch. To start with we learn the mother tongue at home it is easy, then we go to school , there we mingle with local children we learn regional language. Then English in school. The beauty is that we are learning languages without knowing that we are learning, then when we grow up and our career starts we come to know we are conversant in many languages.

There are many tourists from outside country  come to India and learn languages with much ease. I feel if there is any inclination anything is possible. Tnx

Level 8

@Charleseven 

Hello! India has 30 languages (22 of them being official) in 720 dialects. 

Although Hindi is spoken by more than 50% of the Indians.

The Northern, Western and Central India speaks Hindi as well as some other languages like Punjabi, Marathi etc. and various other dialects of them.

The Southern India majorly speaks Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu, and Tamil and other dialects of them as well.

The difficulty level is dependent on you. For example I coming from the North find Southern languages quite difficult where as I can understand a bit of other Northern languages because I understand and Speak Hindi. 

Same goes for Southerners who find Northern, Western and Central spoken languages to be difficult where as they find other languages from the South to be easy.

Please forgive me if the information given by me is incorrect.

Best,

Level 6

Yes.. @ma4ank

Truly correct. 

I had a chance to assist India Embassy in a conference in the past. All of them communicated in English. I was wondering why but no chance to ask them lol

Level 5

The cool fact I've learned about learn a new language is that learn a language is to learn a culture.  I think both walks together. 

If you are willing to learn English you should be willing to learn its culture too.

The fact people can grow up and learn more than one language marvels me... it's super awesome.