AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Top 100 Star Photo Leaderboards (September 2021)

Hi @AdamGT 

I resubmitted my google form. Hopefully you got the 2 missing info.

I also updated my star photo with the new count.

Follow me on Google Maps: click here (may only work on your mobile phone)

Profile | Google Maps Reviews | Google Map Photos | Instagram 

Connect Moderator

Yes that fixes that problem @Chuan_Chee but strange that I now notice you need to say No to the last question in Section 19 as there is missing information about your star photo 😞  Can you please check this ASAP.  Because of this I wondered if there was a problem with the form but I'm really not sure how this could happen as data is never deleted only you can add or change your own data!

Level 10

Hi @AdamGT 

I did as you suggested and resubmitted my form with a "no" in section 19.

One thing I noticed is the last time I successfully submitted this info was when you had the date format as "mm/dd/yyyy".  You have now changed it to "yyyy-mm-dd" which fits with the International Date standard, which I thank you.

Perhaps everything related with the date format change has been lost.

Follow me on Google Maps: click here (may only work on your mobile phone)

Profile | Google Maps Reviews | Google Map Photos | Instagram 

Connect Moderator

Thanks for that @Chuan_Chee and from a quick check of your data, it looks right now.  I'm not sure why this issue has occurred in your case but I have to say that I have found Google forms somewhat limited when it comes to data validation and conditional branching.  For example It doesn't have date validation!! I'm probably pushing Google Forms beyond what it was designed to do and because of the limitations over the Christmas break I plan to look at an alternative way to implement this, making it simpler for users as well as for me when it comes to validating the data at the point of entry and not post submission.  I also want to implement the Health Check idea mentioned in the documentation.  

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Screenshot_20211130-171055_copy_1152x2422.png

 My star photo

Check out @AdamGT 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 6

@AdamGT 

I have updated all three sections of the Leaderboards' form this afternoon EST 1:57 PM (11/30/2021).

I have updated my star photo at https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Pristine-Stream-Flowing-into-Hidden-Sagamor...

Thanks a million, and stay safe!

Cercis

"Start by going what is necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
Francis of Assisi
Level 10

Caption: A screenshot of a photo of Centro Cultural Kirchner, uploaded onto Google Maps around 3 years ago and showing the star views as at 30/11/2021 (Local Guide @ValeriaA_).Caption: A screenshot of a photo of Centro Cultural Kirchner, uploaded onto Google Maps around 3 years ago and showing the star views as at 30/11/2021 (Local Guide @ValeriaA_).

Hi @AdamGT , here is my star photo. I remember I took it during a meet-up I hosted in Buenos Aires around 3 years ago. I took it with my Samsung S9+ and it got to be the first photo of the Centro Cultural Kirchner in Maps during some time.

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Connect Moderator

Hi all, 

As you know, fingers crossed, as well as the Top 100 Points leaderboards, later today I will be posting updated star photo leaderboards and I'm really excited and looking forward to seeing the position of where each and every star ends up on our "galaxy of stars". 

I usually start off by having a coffee and browsing through everyone's latest data and from doing this today, one thing I noticed is that some Local Guides have entered what appears to be an incorrect date for their screenshot date which is one of the questions in Section 19 of your data entry form.  As the description on the form clearly states, this is the date (probably today) that you took your screenshot and not the date you took the star photo or the date you uploaded it onto Maps which in fact is the star date that you enter in Section 23 of the form. If you took your screenshot before today's date then why not take another screenshot today and show the latest star views!!  I don't know how clearer I can make it so do check what you have entered for this question the question in section 19.  It's important that you enter the correct data as to do otherwise may well impact on your position on the leaderboards 😉

A special mention to: @ThatJimRyan @RenanSavidan @Jean-IgnaceBE @JonBekkevoll @Cercis @Kahnster @LightRich @OliverKIWI @kessc @ACCoelho20 

Connect Moderator

Welcome to the Top 100 Leaderboards @ValeriaA_ and you've followed the instructions in terms of presenting your star photo absolutely perfectly! Well done!