AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: T100 Views L10 (September 2022)

Hello @HsRawal and I'm pleased that you have joined the leaderboards.

I know we all get a buzz seeing where we are on the leaderboards and there is that inherent competitive element within them, however my view is that whether you are #50 or #100 or #1 is not that important as this is simply looking at the leaderboards from a ranking perspective.  There is so much more than this in terms of benefits to you. The Leaderboards are more than just about rankings! I encourage you to have another read of the last paragraph in the opening of this post. Also, read up on the different posts and many comments I and others have made here on Connect about this. Here are some posts to read:

1. The Value of Top 100 Local Guides Leaderboards by @Mikeinthefalls
  2. Your LG contributions as never seen before by @Ses_ame
  3. Photo Charting by @Mo-TravelleerX

Use your participation on the leaderboards to monitor and chart your own progress.  Learn from the host of information that the various leaderboards provide you about your own Maps contributions as well as from the leaderboards' comparative analysis of the contributions of others, and especially that of your peers (Local Guides at your level). Then from all this, by adjusting (even just fine tuning) your contributions you can improve on your contributions and the outcomes achieved. Use the leaderboards as a tool to help you achieve this!  This is the theme of the next meet-up on the leaderboards which, if you haven't already, you might consider joining.

I have a feeling that you are going to be one to watch 😉

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 10

Re: Top 100 Photo Views Leaderboards (September 2022)

@AdamGT Thank you so much for sharing like this informative post. This post will be helpful for me and all others local guide. 

Md. Jakir Hossan

Level 8

Re: T100 Avg Views/Photo (September 2022)

Thank you for your good advice @tony_b  and @Mikeinthefalls 

Another way to go about this is to look for places with thousands of photos. For example, Estadio Metropoliano in Madrid, Spain. This place has 53,510 reviews last time I looked and so might have a similar number or more photos.Only the featured photo and the most recent few photos are going to be viewed regularly so if you have uploaded many photos of this place (as I have) then it will improve my average to delete them. 

Level 10

@AdamGT 

Hi Sir,

There is a correction.

Number

51. AdamGT  instead of  level 10 there is 1.

Is it correct Sir.

With Regards, 

Ramamoorthy123. 

Ramamoorthy123
Connect Moderator

Well done @Ramamoorthy123, you do read the details in these posts. It is an error 😉

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 8

Sure thing, @Dave26 Glad you found that helpful. 

It's simple arithmetic. Any method you can find to eliminate the smaller numbers from your range will result in an increase in your average over the remaining larger numbers.  

Level 9

Each time it is really exciting to scroll through the names of the Local Guides in the various rankings, and it is even more beautiful to see that the efforts made to feed the maps of the city with photos, reviews, updates, answers are appreciated by placing you in a point of the ranking ... and I notice that I am in the middle of the list of the total number of views and almost at the bottom of the list of the number of average views: how much information from these two simple indicators!
Again a sincere thanks to @AdamGT for his commitment that gives a lot to every post, and thanks to all the Local Guides for the thousand views on this world so small in its size
Greetings from Rome, Italy