AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Top 100 Photo Views Leaderboards (January 2024)

@MattGatlin 

Yes that's correct Matt. Up until December the photo views leaderboards were total media views and you will recall we had some discussion about this last month. You will also have noticed the change in the Leaderboard System's Maps contribution data entry screen to accommodate this change. Time permitting I hope to finish the implementation while still in festive holiday mode. Stay tuned..

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Happy New Year @JustJake

I totally agree with you Jake the cover photo by @LightRich is amazing and certainly a place I'd just love to visit. I'm looking forward to featuring more great photos taken by Local Guides from across the world.

Indeed the new participants have certainly made a massive impact. As I previously mentioned, there are hundreds more but there just aren't enough hours in the day.

The members in the Club B are certainly inspirational and you've got take your hat off to all of them including the newbies (LOL) @Mikeinthefalls@photoslinger and @StevenBerlin. Well there's some 90 seats still available in this club but it's by invitation only. I must get cracking.

Connect Moderator

Re: 212 Photo Views AvgViewsPhoto (January 2024)

With so many participants @ShailendraOjha, getting on the Top 100 Average Views/Photo Leaderboard is certainly a very commendable achievement. I encourage you to learn what this board is all about because it is one of the most important boards. This subject has been discussed many times over the years. See the 1 Billion Views & Counting post by @Mikeinthefalls as just one example. Keep learning, keep improving and keep achieving and making a greater impact on your community.

Level 8

Definitely @AdamGT  sir.

shailendraOjha

▶️
GoogleGuide_shailen13

Connect Moderator

LOL. Why would I kick you or anyone else for that matter out of the Leaderboards @MortenCopenhagen, unless of course you are one of the Local Guides mentioned in the top 5 superscript category? It's late here now and I've all but run out of steam but I will investigate tomorrow. I agree that it's important to understand what went wrong.

Connect Moderator

Oh yes a great start to the New Year @abermans resulting in a major shake-up alright and there are hundreds more just waiting in the wind. The challenges are now on and on many of the boards.

Connect Moderator

Happy New Year @ajitthite. There's a lot that we can all learn Ajit and even if we take baby steps and keep improving as we go we will both individually and collectively achieve a lot and make a greater impact. Well done on your continued progress towards your goals.

Connect Moderator

Re: 205 Photo Views bViewsClub (January 2024)

Thank you for your continued appreciation @PrasadVR and the help that you give many in the community. 

Level 10

@AdamGT 

Hi Adam,  thx again for keeping track of everything.  I am really, really bad with tech stuff.   Lol.  I am very close to surpassing 2 billion photo views,but I have no clue how to update my progress or pass on info. Haha.  I once looked at it and it was simply overwhelming and I am sure that's cause of my bad tecky skills.  But I guess it would be cool to somehow be put on the list.  This has been my main hobby now for 5 years

Connect Moderator

¡Hey, muchas gracias por incluir mi foto como portada para este tablero en el inicio de 2024 @AdamGT !

De verdad que el Cañón del Sumidero es una de las maravillas naturales de México y la experiencia de recorrerlo desde las profundidades en una pequeña lancha te roba el aliento. Sus paredes alcanzan un poco mas de mil metros de altura en las partes mas profundas y puedes ver cocodrilos nadando en el río o descansando en las orillas mientras lo recorres. Definitivamente es un must-to-see cuando se visita Chiapas, casi en la frontera sur de nuestro país.

Por otro lado, cuando revisé el número de vistas de mi registro en este tablero pensé había algún error, pero después encontré el comentario de @MattGatlin y su razonamiento hace todo el sentido.

También estoy impresionado por el número de nuevos participantes en los tableros de este mes!