YanniY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: What type of Local Guide are you?

I'd add another category for those of us who like to ensure that Maps is accurate (Mapcuracy?). Most of my points have come from edits because when I really started looking there were tons of edits to be made in my relatively small town alone. Some of these were small things like misalgined businesses but others like businesses that have moved or been closed for long time might actually affect people trying to navigate to a business.

Level 7

I am an Altruist. Great post Yanni!

Level 8

I am more of a The Local Expert

I am looking for a way to improve Google My Business with ways to protect clients as well others // I have been building a few tutorials, but my latest is targeted for the Chambers of Commerces for now in my area and hoping it will spread to the entire USA with educating the Business Owners / Executives 🙂 and then spread to the world ... We have way to many companies with NOT Verified, I have now taken photos for 1033 companies and have uploaded over 2,400 images to maps as well corrected listings with missing data such as websites, business hours an or Not Even Listed in Google Maps ..

My Task for Chambers of Commerces is in their NEXT Meeting is to have each of the members open their smartphones and have them find their business online looking for the Message Claim this Business 🙂 and make sure they claim their listing once they get back to the office .....

claimyourlisting.png

chamber-message.png

Here is a link to the Article Posted https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/important-message-chamber-commerce-managers-i-need-your-william-rock 

as well I did another on How I map a complete city labled Google Local Guides - Fixing One Listing at a Time @ https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/google-local-guides-fixing-one-listing-time-william-rock

My Goal is to educate Businesses the importance of Verifying their Business Listing on Google Maps 🙂

Proud to be a #LocalGuide as well Top Contributor for the Help Forums Google Web Search  @  https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/websearch

William Rock - Kansas City, USA / Google Platinum Top Contributor + TC Mentor
Level 6

I'd also probably have to say the Journalist as well 🙂

Level 8

The best way to describe me it's "an expressive journalist" 😉

Claudio "CaioZ" Borsotti
Former Google Contributor

@Claudio_Borsotti sounds like a good combi to me!

Wow @WilliamRock I think you can add on "Altruist" to your creds - I think this is extremely meaningful!

Thanks @KahaleI!

Thanks @DocHolidayOSU - I agree with you! Maybe a post/ article on Mapmaker from you? I am sure many Local Guides will benefit for your knowledge. 

@YutakaAT I LOVE being the first to try new restaurants too but sometimes a new restaurant just has too many customers!

Oh..but the perks of being the first to try and share opinions is just so sweeeet!