AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: 518 AvgStarViewsDay_1 (February 2024)

@AdamGT,

My updated stats appear to have been captured. By my calculations my star video averaged about 3376 views per day as at 2024-03-02.

When you have time, please take a look at this. 

Best Regards 

Alfred New
TRAC Badge
Level 8

Re: 530 Commentary Star Videos (February 2024)

You're probably correct that some LGs didn't update @AdamGT, and this has caused a change in the ranking of those of us who did. Additionally, we'll see an impact next month on the Delta Views numbers, as having no preceding month to compare to, will nullify this indicator. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks for jumping so quickly @Rednewt74.  While I see you updated your star video details on March 2, the question is, did you in fact update before the data for the leaderboards was read?  It looks to me like you didn't. Alfred, it's always risky if you don't update before the end of the month and I suggest the cut-off date should be 28th of the month.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Re: 530 Commentary Star Videos (February 2024)

Yes, it's very much looking that way @tony_b and without doing a deep check, and to be honest I don't have the time right now, that's the only thought I have on the sudden and quite significant change in the rankings, especially on the Average Star Views per Day leaderboard. I've said before in earlier posted leaderboard posts, I think the delta views (e.g. the Movers & Shakers leaderboards) will most likely show a significant shake!

Level 9

@AdamGT ,

Thank you for taking the time to look into it. I did not in fact make the cutoff. My star video views shown as 968,809 is the old number. The new number is 968,999. They are so similar that I failed to notice that the Feb board was showing my old number. This is the first time since I started in April 2023 that I did not update my stats in a timely manner. With the ongoing debate about whether the boards would be published, I chose to wait, to my regret. 

Thanks again for looking into it.

Best Regards,

Alfred New
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

I didn't have time earlier to even check your January stats @Rednewt74 but yes that explains things, you just missed the cutoff time and I'm sorry about that. Also, while I understand the point you're making about the question of whether or not the February Leaderboards would be posted, I always said regardless if they are or if they are not posted, and regardless of the impact that the Google media issues might have had on your data, everyone should update as usual on their own respective 30 day cycle.

Level 10

Re: 507 L10 (February 2024)

Thanks for posting these from the road, @AdamGT. I'll channel my inner @Stephanie_OWL and list all of the things I know about Tasmania: 1. Tasmanian Devil.

I honestly did not know it was a state of Austrailia. I guess I can add that as 2 on my list now.

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 8

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@JustJake auf diesen 1. Punkt wäre ich auch  sofort gekommen....

2. TAZ der tasmanische Teufel der Looney tunes

Für weitere Punkte benötige ich immer eine etwas längere Recherche

Ich freue mich jedoch sehr, dass ich und meine Listen dir diesbezüglich sofort in den Sinn gekommen ist

Über mich | Liebe Grüße aus Lage, der kleinen Zuckerstadt im schönen Lipperland, gelegen im Westen von Deutschland

Connect Moderator

Yes there's the Tasmanian Devil @JustJake but then there's lots and lots of other exciting things like the great Tasmanian wilderness and the Port Arthur Penal Colony. Here's a view of Mount Wellington which dominates the capital, Hobart.

PXL_20240315_034347235.jpg

Level 10

Re: 501 Featured Star Video (February 2024)

Thank you @AdamGT for selecting my video as the featured video for the Top 100 Google Maps Local Guides Star Videos (February, 2024). Your recognition means a lot to me.

Signature Image