ThamaraKandabada's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Through Java to Bali: 23 days in Indonesia

Watching the Sunrise from King Kong Hill. Cemoro Lawang, East Java.Watching the Sunrise from King Kong Hill. Cemoro Lawang, East Java.

Last November, I took a 3-week break from work and flew to Indonesia. I had 23 days, but Indonesia is an enormous country, so I decided I should explore the Islands of Java and Bali this time. (Yes, I say "this time" because I plan to go back!)

I flew in to Jakarta on the 31st October. I spent 2 days there, and then began my journey eastward. I was traveling light, and I wanted to keep expenses at a minimum, so I used trains along the way, and stayed at hostels. I met some great people along the way.

My 23 day itineraryMy 23 day itinerary

I snapped a great number of pictures during this time. I’m not a photographer, by any stretch of the imagination, but some of these pictures turned out to be quite nice.

Hoping that I have captured the beauty of this country in my own small way, I share these photos now, unedited and raw off my phone — editing just happens to be one other exercise I have no knack for.

This is Java and Bali through my eyes.

Indonesia
12 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Through Java to Bali: 23 days in Indonesia

You obviously had a gorgeous journey, @ThamaraKandabada. I would gladly do the same if I were you. 

Just one hint: Why don't you choose several of your beautiful photos and post them here, on Connect. It would help other Local Guides to appreciate your adventure. 

Keep in mind that crafting your posts as detailed as possible makes other members of the community more engaged. If you are interested to learn more, you can check out What makes a good post?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Bls: Through Java to Bali: 23 days in Indonesia

Thank you @ThamaraKandabada 

For your nice journey in Indonesia, and amazing photos.

You've arrived Java and Bali Island, may be you have to get trip to anothers next time, we still have a lot of wonderfull island.

Welcome to Indonesia

PaDeSSo ~ Indonesia Local Guides

Level 8

Thanks, @IrrPavlova! In fact, I was hoping to write something, along with pictures, about the volcanoes I saw. Will do that some time next week, thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Level 8

Bls: Through Java to Bali: 23 days in Indonesia

Thanks, @PaDeSSo! I'm keen to explore Sumatra and Borneo next time. Then there's Gili Islands, Komodo, Papua and so much more. I think I will have to take several more trips, and I'll gladly do that 😄

Former Google Contributor

Make sure you tag me and any of the other Moderators, @ThamaraKandabada. I'd be happy to see the volcanoes through your eyes. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Wow!! I love those islands. I hope you can come back soon to Indonesia. Even though I stay in Java island now for a while, I haven't explored yet tourism places here bcs there are so many place that we can visit. I'm waiting for you here and hopefully we can meet @ThamaraKandabada 

Level 8

@Alifia98, Definitely planning to come back, just not sure when 🙂 I'll let you know through Connect if I happen to be in Java again 😄

Level 9

Hi @ThamaraKandabada thanks a lot for sharing the highlights of your fabulous trip of Indonesia.

As @IrrPavlova said you can share more amazing pictures of your trip with your post, it'll feel good to see more good photos captured during your trip. I am really excited to see more amazing posts of you.

Good luck for you next trip.

Best Regards from:

Ishant Gautam

Level 7

23 days ??....Many days

What did you do during in Indonesia? And why you chose this country, not Thailand? ;D