Otteroo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

This Local Guides crap sucks. I want Panramio back.

Deleting a whole community of users is just wrong. I used to meet people who were contributors in panramio and go places to just to take the pictures. I enjoyed seeing images in Google earth of what a place really looks like instead of some digital representation of what its looks like there. I don't want to become a local guide because quite frankly the idea of promoting businesses with my free content is just disgusting to me. I have spent over a decade contributing to Panramio and have about 1000 pictures on Google Earth and Google Maps. To think that all that time, money, and effort I spent was wasted is a travesty. I am sure I am not the only one who is pissed off about this. The worst thing for me, is not being able to go on Google earth and click on the images anymore. Most of us will never be able to visit some of these places. Taking away the one thing we had to see the ACTUAL world is astoundingly irresponsible. The only opportunity to post these pictures now is in 360cities. Unfortunately sheer cost of being able to contribute is if you have a gigapixel camera to be able to post there. Have you priced those things? $1500 dollar is the lowest I have seen. So you have effectively cut out the little guy again, and its just disgusting. Panramio gave us ALL a place to post our pictures of places we love. This feels so much the little guy getting **####**ed again its infuriating.

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: This Local Guides crap sucks. I want Panramio back.

Level 10

Hi @Otteroo I don't get the point.

I was a Panoramio user, a Google Maps Business View photographer, a Google Views user.

All those things are evolved into this platform, and our photography is not only reserved to business, as you can see in my contributions.

And our photos go to Google Earth too, through Maps and other parties as like as 360cities.

So, you only have to adapt a little to things that are evolving; at the beginning I was unhappy of having lost the capability to load and connect pano on Google Views without having to attach to a POI; now this feature is back.

Cheers.

Level 10

A little cheese to go with that wine ?20171011_153130.jpg

Level 10
Solution

Don't know, can you tell me more about these bottles? I will try to find the right cheese.