cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Thikana Day Outers - Taking a break from city life

131987583_1089639518147271_8558980495157255519_n.jpg

Dear Travelers,

As you know, we are being suffocated to stay in home for quite a long time for covid situation.  It’s time to break from city life. I had decided to travel to a new place to take break from city life.  In this regard I went to a place near DHAKA city called “Thikana Day Outers”. It’s a nice place to stay a whole day with your friends and family.

131988971_696834247700506_594840212085266874_n.jpg

I along with my friends went there before noon. It’s a quite long ride and took 1.5 hours from central of Dhaka. At the entry we need to buy ticket for entry in the premises. By the way, the ticket includes the food which I think very convenient. The place is well maintained and well decorated. It has a long field and nice little garden along it. There is a river beside the field called Balu River (sand river). If you want, you can see the natural beauty of the place by travelling with boat. We played football on the field. There are table and chairs on the side of the field to watch the game and the river view. It has a wonderful 2 stored building looks like a Chinese old house. There are small rooms in it. They can also dine their food in this building.

131962790_439869030369807_9013134711513648222_n.jpg

We have ordered both traditional and Thai food along with juice. I had ordered specially papaya juice which was really mouthwatering. The food was usual taste but it tastes good while observing the natural scenario of Thikana. They served traditional cake (pitha) and kabab at the evening.  The place has wonderful lighting. It looks so beautiful.

131987690_304907267515748_7175713243666235375_n.jpg

We have returned after the evening. I recommend to take personal vehicle as it is difficult to travel through public transportation. It requires time and break journey. It can be travel through UBER or other ride sharing service.

I have given some details review in Google maps -

Details Review of Thikana

I hope you will enjoy your whole day like me while you got there.

Some important information-

Cost – 500/= BDT (per person)

MAPS - https://goo.gl/maps/XrVCa3pnVCLpd3vp6

Facebook Page Link-  https://www.facebook.com/ThikanaDayOuters/

Shakil Akhter Khan,Motorbiker, LG from Dhaka
Who Am I-

Profile & Post Information

Dhaka, Bangladesh
4 comments
Level 7

Re: Thikana Day Outers - Taking a break from city life

Hi @ShakilAK  , many many thanks for your post.  Personally i need such kind of address , which i already got from your  post . Thanks for write in details here .

I have a question , Is this place suitable for kids ? I mean any kids facilities ( like kids ground, kids sleeper , i hope you understand ) available there ? I will visit there Facebook page after writing your reply .

Thanks again for your post.

If you have free time yon can view my previous post i hope you like.

Greetings from Old Dhaka ( Wari )

Level 9

i am happy that you liked my post @sweetnovember99 .

If you want to know more about places you can browse my other post.

Regarding kids facilities- No they don't have special arrangement for kids but i am sure kids will love this place. You can play football, cricket, badminton or others outdoor game if you want. They have such a large field that you can accommodate lots of game at a time.

i will definitely read your post. Be well and take care

Shakil Akhter Khan,Motorbiker, LG from Dhaka
Who Am I-

Profile & Post Information

Level 6

অনেক সুন্দর লেখা। আপনি অনেক সৌভাগ্যবান, নদীটা দিনেরবেলা দেখতে পেয়েছেন। আমার যেতে যেতে রাত হয়ে যাওয়ায় দেখতে পাইনি। 😪 তবে জায়গাটা খুবই সুন্দর। 😀

Connect Moderator

@ShakilAK Very well writing and appreciated photography brother. Thanks for sharing with us..

Happy Guiding!