clif_the_tall's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The privilege of sharing on google maps

I'm from Nairobi Kenya. I have had  the privilege of travelling within most parts of Kenya and out of Kenya. Before discovering Local guides, i used to go online to check out reviews about different places and what other people have said about them. I could then go ahead and check photos of these places and my judgement on whether to go to these places  would  be purely based on the reviews and the photographs of what i have seen online by reviewers. This got me thinking on how i could also become a part of this great initiative by  Google. I did my homework and discovered local guides. 

The joy of sharing my experiences of diverse places i have been lucky to visit is very humbling. I get to give first hand information and help someone with information that they might urgently need in order to decide on whether they will visit a place or not. My favorite thing about  Google maps is adding photos. I adore adding photos about the places i have visited. It gives me fulfillment. Like they say, photos speak more than a thousand words. It always gives me joy to see that my images have been viewed by so many people and in the process helped someone in decision making.  Accessibility of these places is also very paramount. Are they family friendly and ideal? through local guides, i am able to give accurate information that eventually assists the people in my community and out of my community.  I can only aim to be a great local guide and be the eyes in my community by continuous  sharing of my experiences through my photography and reviews. 

Watching Sunrise in the slopes of Kerio ValleyWatching Sunrise in the slopes of Kerio Valley

Nairobi, Kenya
1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: The joy of sharing...

Hi @clif_the_tall,

Thank you for sharing your joy of contributing on Google Maps.

I have just released your post from the Spam Filters. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times.

You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!