LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

The perfect device for Local Guides? Google Pixel is here!

11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: The perfect device for Local Guides?

Personally for me the perfect device for a Local Guide is the device that you currently have in your hand 🙂

I think that's the good thing about the Google Maps app. It doesn't need a pricey phone with super high specs to be able to contribute efficiently.

Level 10

You are right @iyudhi but i must confess that sometimes my Oneplus ONE is too overloaded and fails during operations on maps like adding photos and other stuff. So sometimes i use an iphone6 to keep all simple. And a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 for linking reasons in SV App with another account!

Level 8

@LucioV@iyudhi, you both are so right. I'm now a new owner of the Note 7. However, either phone works.  

Robby Sayles
Level 10

What do you think about the Pixel specs? I think is a little late, but i think i will give a try!

I'm going to buy Home, and begin a reseller program.

Level 8

The long awaited Unlimited Storage of Original Quality Photos & Videos to Google Photos finally come true with Pixel phone.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/google-pixel/pcmcat748302047111.c?id=pcmcat748302047111

Level 10

So my title is right, at least 😄 This WILL be the definitive tool for LG and SV|T photographers!

I'm curious on how this will be managed: if i buy a pixel smartphone, i activate using my primary email address, i will receive free upgrade plan to unlimited space on this account?

Level 8

Hi @LucioV,

I made a mistake reading the Bestbuy post - It say "Original Resolution" not "Original Quality" - may be they want to mean the same thing, but just guess here.

Regarding your question, my take is:  When the photo is upload by Pixel phone, they will give it a stamp so that storage space in Google Photos is not counted.  When you upload with other phone, it will count.

Level 10

I can always transfer photos (16 gb at time) on the phone then upload to my unlimited space.... i can also modify exif to reflect the device id... i'm skeptical about how this feature will be managed.

Level 7

Re: The perfect device for Local Guides? Google Pixel is here!

I think the camera could be perfect for Google Maps. Have a read through this:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/10/18/google-explains-software-makes-pixels-camera-impressive/

Very interesting stuff. And it looks like it is blazing fast! What more do you need? Fast, high IQ and good in low-light.