AhmadSyukri's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

The most interesting thing I have done as a Local Guide: Adding Photos To Google Maps as Photo Diary

 Turkey Trip.JPG

As a travel Junkie, at first I wanted to make Google Maps as my Photo diary which contained photos of places i have traveled. I usually upload my photos to Google maps to digitally record my trips so I can see them anytime. One day when I looked back at my photo collections, I was surprised and truly blown away when some of my photos had gained millions of views.

For example, when I bought a new iPhone X at Apple Store in December 2017, as a memento, I took a photo of the store and uploaded it to Google Maps, now the photo has gained more than 1.6 million views. 
 Apple Store Bondi, Sydney, Australia.jpg

Or when I hung out with my old friend who haven't met for 15 years in a unique cafe called Cafe Strawberry in August 2017, I took a photo and uploaded it to Google Maps, now that photo has gained more than 1.5 million views. 
 Cafe Strawberry, Jakarta, Indonesia.jpg

I also have another photo that quite interesting to me, that was my first day in Sydney as a working holiday visa holder, I went to supermarket to buy groceries, I uploaded a photo to Google maps, and did you know? now the photo has gained more than 1.3 million views.   
  Coles World Square, Sydney, Australia.jpg

I never thought the photos that were originally  as personal Photo Diary have been seen by millions of people, I did not realize that my photos have had a huge impact to others and helped them on making decision. To date,  my photos have gained more than 47 million views. Unbelievable !. In the future, I will continue to contribute on Google Maps by keep uploading photos of the places I will visit, I am extremely happy to help  more people as I am happy with the help of other users on Google Maps.