plavarda's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

The flowering of Cap Frehel

Photo 1: The lighthouses of Cap Frehel

I have already mentioned this great place in France in the Brittany region in my post about Fort La Latte. It was during a 2016 holiday in France that we also went to Brittany based in Saint Malo. One of the most surprising things is the grandeur of the tides in that stretch of sea, where when you pass along the coastal roads, skirting some small ports, at low tide you can see all the boats stranded and folded on their sides and the sea even at low tide. a few kilometers in the distance. Impressive for those who are not used to it like me, it can give a feeling of shipwreck, post apocalyptic vision, as if crossing areas devastated by who knows what natural disaster.

Photo 2: Fort La Latte from Cap Frehel

Photo 3: The inhabitants of the cliff

Photo 4: Torda penguin in flight (Razorbill)

Having the new SLR with a good zoom lens, I also intend to do some bird watching and so I head together with @mariacristinafossa to Cap Frehel which was indicated to us, together with the Sept Iles,  as a bird sanctuary. Undoubtedly the variety of birds present is satisfactory, with a predominance of gulls and cormorants, but we have also photographed the lesser penguin or Alca torda or in English Razorbill. However, the photographs are not easy due to the considerable distance of the subjects and the fact that you have to expose yourself on the precipice of the cliff to be able to see the birds' nests.

Photo 5:  The lighthouses of Cap Frehel

Photo 6: the first lighthouse of Malouin

Photo 7:  The lighthouses of Cap Frehel

We leave the cliff to head towards the three lighthouses on the top of Cap Frehel, the modern one, still in use, whose light can be seen on clear nights up to 100 km. But nearby there is still the ancient lighthouse called Vauban, built by the Sun King in 1702. But right on the tip of Cap Fhehel is the oldest, albeit not by much, from 1687, called Malouin, built in following the sinking of the Victor ship which claimed 140 victims. It was immediately insufficient, especially during thunderstorms, as the fire was outside and tended to go out, and it is precisely in thunderstorms that a lighthouse is most needed!

Photo 8: The colors of the Cap Frehel moor

Photo 9: The colors of the Cap Frehel moor

Photo 10: The colors of the Cap Frehel moor

But climbing from the cliffs towards the lighthouses one cannot fail to be enchanted by the flowering of Cap Frehel. We are in July and the broom and heather along with other flowers are in full bloom. Patches of pink, yellow mixed with the green of ferns and other shrubs, make the moor the palette of an impressionist painter.

Photo 11:Inhabitants of the Cap Frehel moorland

Photo 12: Games in the air of a seagull

Walking in the middle of the prairie, in the midst of birds and hares that emerge from the den regardless of the wind that is always present on the cliffs 70 meters above the stormy waves of the sea. A few seagulls pass or rather stop against the wind, in flight, motionless and let themselves be photographed, and then turn abruptly in favor of the wind and slide very fast out of sight. What a dream!

Photo 13: The sun towards sunset

Photo 14: Scallops at La Ribote restaurant

Photo 15: Sweets and coffee at the La Ribote restaurant

It's almost 10pm and the sun hasn't set yet, but hunger is making itself felt! Incredible dinner at La Ribote di Cap Frehel watching the sun disappear into the sea. First immersed in a delicious plate of scallops, to end up in the euphoria of the senses wrapped in a series of incredible desserts. Yes, these are holidays!

@PattyBlack @DeniGu @helga19 @TravellerG  @renata1 @Erna_LaBeau @Mukul_Anand   @davidhyno 

Plévenon, France
20 comments
Level 10

Re: The flowering of Cap Frehel

Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Md. Jakir Hossan

Level 8

Betreff: The flowering of Cap Frehel

Hallo @plavarda, es ist erneut ein großes Vergnügen deiner Reise zu folgen und deinen Bericht zu lesen.

Die Farben des Moors, überwältigend!!! Wunderschön deine Fotos, so brillant, gestochen scharf. Vielen Dank! 

Über mich | Liebe Grüße aus Lage, der kleinen Zuckerstadt im schönen Lipperland, gelegen im Westen von Deutschland

Level 8

wow, such a wonderful place you visit. all of these photos were captured beautifully. thanks again @plavarda 

Soykot Azam, Greetings from Sonargaon-Bangladesh.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You can also check

My recent post 

Facebook 

Youtube 

Level 9

@Soykot_azam @Stephanie_OWL @jakiripsc  thank you so much for your words. Cap Frehel is a place I would go back to right away, it's beautiful!

Hugs.

Paolo

Level 9

Another great post @plavarda . I really liked all the pics that you have taken so clear and beautiful. Nice post. The lighthouse photo looks stunning scenery like you see it on a site or a beautiful postcard. Oh and by the way the scallops look so delicious. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Keep Guiding!

Anitha Muthu
Level 8

What a beautiful view @plavarda . This post is so alive. I love the flowers, rabbits and and the seagull. Your photos are so professional. Thanks for sharing it here 😊.

Level 9

thanks @Mukul_Anand @AnithaM  Your words are an incentive to continue posting stories and photos on Connect. Thanks my friends.

two hugs

Paolo

Connect Moderator

Toller Beitrag @plavarda . Danke für den interessanten Bericht und die schönen Bilder. Es gibt so viele tolle Reiseziele hier in Europa!

Interessant, dass du dir eine neue Kamera gekauft hast, jetzt wo die neuen Smartphones schon gut 100-fach Zoom haben und vergleichbare Bilder machen. Meine DSLR liegt meistens nur im Schrank - vor allem wegen dem Gewicht. Ich mag nicht immer so viel mitschleppen, wenn ich unterwegs bin.

Liebe Grüße 

Ludwig.

Please mention me with @LudwigGermany on your reply, so I get notified

Connect Moderator   Maps   Instagram   Twitter 

Level 9

@LudwigGermany Ciao Ludwig, in effetti ho lo stesso problema anch'io. Questo era un viaggio del 2016 e sto recuperando le mie memorie per poi non dimenticarmi quando sarò più vecchio!!! Ah Ah Ah!! Adopero ancora la DSLR Canon 5D con 70-300 e 24-70 e 100 macro per le orchidee, ma solo in viaggi "statici" vale a dire quando viaggio in automobile e il peso lo porta lei. Ora che viaggio molto più spesso in bicicletta o compio escursioni a piedi, ho dovuto modificare la mia attrezzatura fotografica per il troppo peso. Uso lo smartphone oppure da poco ho acquistato una Mirrorless della Sony A6000 con il suo obiettivo standard  16 50. Pesa solo 450 grammi complessivi e così riesco a tenerla a tracolla anche mentre pedalo. La qualità è molto buona per i reportage, ovvio la qualità non è la stessa di un 24 70 Canon, ma è superiore , a mio avviso, allo smartphone, e cosa importante, nonostante sia una tecnologia del 2011 , anche il costo è assolutamente conveniente. Puoi vedere i risultati nella mia serie di viaggi soprattutto in Corsica . Poi per le riprese video uso sia lo smarthphone che la Gopro montata sulla bicicletta. Insomma quando viaggio sembro più un motociclista di ripesa video del Tour de France che un turista in viaggio! Ah Ah Ah!!!

Grazie per il tuo commento, un abbraccio.

Paolo