plavarda's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Visit to Fort La Latte - Brittany - France

If you happen to pass by Cape Frehel, be sure to visit Forte La Latte.

2R5A8786.jpeg

An immersion in the Middle Ages in this well-preserved and well-kept manor house with a garden and vegetable garden of medicinal plants.

2R5A8859.jpeg2R5A8872.jpeg

The view from the top of the tower is wonderful.

2R5A8841.jpeg

We came here on a very windy day in July with very cloudy weather. It threatened rain and thunderstorms. We entered this place full of history and assaults on its walls.

2R5A8809.jpeg2R5A8880.jpeg

The initial nucleus of the fort dates back to the fourteenth century with additions and alterations from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. The castle has also been used for several films including The Vikings of 1958. The castle is built in pink slate and is located on the rock at 70 meters above sea level.

2R5A8893.jpeg

It has 2 drawbridges, a chapel, a water cistern, and a menhir which, according to legend, would be the finger of Gargantua.

Senza nome.jpg

It seems to have already existed in 937 AD. a fortification called Roche de Goyon from the name of the owner family in defense of Norman pirates.

2R5A8885.jpeg

Over the centuries it served to defend the coast from attacks by the English and Dutch, it was burned by the Catholic League and rebuilt and reinforced several times. In 1931 it was declared a national monument. We enjoyed climbing over the tower. From here the gaze swept towards Normandy and in the distance you could see the spiers of Mont Saint Michele!

2R5A8848-1.jpeg

Also attractive for children, especially the pillories where to take souvenir photos, ....... and we are children,

2R5A8919.jpeg2R5A8918.jpeg

Is it true @mariacristinafossa ?

@Sorbe @InaS @TravellerG @ErmesT @davidhyno @helga19 

Fort la Latte, Plévenon, Francia
14 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Visita a Fort La Latte - Bretagna - Francia

Grazie per questo tag @plavarda , 

Ho avuto una sensazione strana guardando questo post, una sorta di deja vu nonostante non sia mai stato in Normandia, cosi' sono andato a fare qualche ricerca su questo posto fantastico. Ho scoperto che proprio a Fort Latte e' stato girato uno dei video di una rap band francese chiamata Manau e la canzone si chiama "Tribu de Dana". Il video e' facilmente ritrovabile se vuoi darci un'occhiata. 

Stupendo anche il giardino con le piante officinali, ma non mettere alla gogna @mariacristinafossa : non se lo merita. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@Sorbe andrò subito a vedere il video! A casa mia si vive di musica!! (per inciso mio figlio lì sarebbe nel suo ambiente ideale: è il bassista del grande Hevia). 

Non sai quanto ci divertiamo io e Mariacristina a fare gli scemi come i bambini in giro per il mondo, e chi ci ferma? Purtroppo chi leggerà tradotto questo testo non capirà il gioco di parole: quando facciamo i video @mariacristinafossa è l'attrice e io lo "scemografo" :))

Proprio perche' sapevo che tuo figlio e' musicista ti ho dato questa chicca @plavarda .

Guardare i tutoi video e le tue foto e' fonte di grande ispirazione per me. Spero un giorno di riuscire a fare meta' delle esperienze e dei viaggi che hai fatto e stai facendo te una volta libero dagli obblighi dello stress quotidiano. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@Sorbe ,

tutto vero!  La vita di persona inserita nella società, ti impedisce di fare tantissime cose che andrebbero vissute quando si è giovani e in piene forze. Ma bisogna scegliere e non è semplice! Finché avrò la possibilità cercherò di fare del mio meglio e di trasmetterlo agli altri. 

Grazie!!!

Paolo

Level 9

It is great @plavarda !

Admire your photos,video and music!

You have a gift to combine beautiful video with well-chosen music,to make successful,excellent pictures!

I say this most sincerely!

Thank you very much for your post.

I am looking forward your next  one.

Best widhes,

Level 7

Hi @plavarda 

What the awesome  scenery you shared! It's amazing. Thanks @plavarda 

Can't wait for your next post.   @

Md Zahidul Islam Opal
Level 9

Grazie @Zahid_opal ne sto preparando degli altri anche con aspetti naturalistici molto interessanti. "Stay tuned" :))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dot.: Visita a Fort La Latte - Bretagna - Francia

Hi @plavarda fantastyczne fotki, film bardzo dobry, wysoka półka 😊 

Pozdrawiam Danuta

Hello @plavarda,

These photos are impressive, thanks for sharing!

This place looks like in a fairy tale with the flowers and the infinity water around the castle.

You might not know this, but Connect has a photo limit and only lets you upload a total of 1000 photos. When creating your post you may want to limit yourself and only pick out the best ones. This way you will not run out of uploads any time soon.

For more information about this I would like to recommend you to take a look at this post : Tips for Uploading Images to Connect to Stay Within Limit.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!