Muhammad_Irfan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The Royal Noor Mehal of Bahawalpur South Punjab, Pakistan

Noor Mehal  which was built in memory of NAWAZ SADIQ' sWife.Noor Mehal which was built in memory of NAWAZ SADIQ' sWife.

This is one of the historical places in Pakistan. Many Dramas shootings are done here.

I with my family travelled to Bahawalpur from DERA GHAZI KHAN to see such historical places of Nawabs.

We travelled about 200 KM to see this mighty and beautiful place.

Bahawalpur is the first state to which decided to be the part of Pakistan. This is one of the largest District in PAKISTAN.

• History Of NOOR MEHAL

There are many stories regarding its construction. According to one legend, The  Nawab Adnan Abbasi IV had the palace made for his wife although she was there for one night, when she happened to see the adjoining graveyard from her balcony, and she refused to spend another night in this palace, and so it remained unused during his reign and still unused.

Noor Mehal is one of the oldest hidden gems of Bahawalpur, because of the very low  publicity. The palace is open for public only now. It is currently in the possession of the Pakistan Army and is also used as a state guest house for taking state durbars and meetings with other countries delegations.

Entrance of NOOR MEHALEntrance of NOOR MEHAL

• Architecture Of Noor Mehal

Mr. Heennan, Englishman who was the state engineer of Bahawalpur, designed the building. The foundation of Noor Palace called (NOOR MEHAL) in  native language was laid in 1872.The map and coins of the Bahawalpur were buried in its foundation. In this area Most of the palace's materials and furniture were imported from many countries specially  England and Italy. The construction of the palace (NOOR MEHAL) was completed in early 1875 made about 150 years ago. Assuming the amount of silver in the Indian Rupee Coin at 11.66 Grams in 1862. Noor Mehal covers an area of  4,140 m2. This palace has 32 rooms including fourteen in the basement, six verandas and five domes.

Crown chair is really fantastic.

Crownbed.PNG

Crownbed.PNG

Crownbed.PNG

The majestic design encompasses features of Islamic styles of architecture with a tinge of subcontinental style in this world. The Corinthian touch is visible in the columns of palace, pediments and the vaulted ceiling of (Noor Palace)  Durbar Hall.

Roof is made up of MirrorRoof is made up of Mirror      Colorful sight of RoofColorful sight of Roof

The Islamic style is obvious in the 5 domes, whereas the angular elliptical shapes are a shape of subcontinent styleand shape. Nawab Muhammad Bahawal Khan the V added a mosque to the palace in 1906. The design is amazing and based on the mosque of Aitchison College.

Floor  is made with old stonesFloor is made with old stones                              Amazing GalleryAmazing Gallery

In 1956, when Bahawalpur State was merged into Pakistan, the building was taken over by the Govt of Pakistan. The palace was leased to the Pak army in 1971  after that pak army purchased it for the sum of 119 million.

• Oldest Engine Cart in 1862 used for Nawab Adnan's Wife

This cart was used to receive Nawabs wife to stay in this Mehal and for her to take her for a visit to whole park and also areas of NOOR MEHAL.

Beautiful Cart used in 1862 to receive her.Beautiful Cart used in 1862 to receive her.

Map of Noor MehalMap of Noor Mehal

•  NAWAB SADIQ KING OF BHAWALPUR

Sir Sadiq Muhammad Khan V Abbasi (Urduجنرل نواب صادق محمد خان عباسی‎) who was born 1904, in Derawar died 1966, in London). He was the Nawab, and also later Amir, of Bahawalpur State of Pakistan  from 1907 to 1966. He was called as Nawab on the death of his father when he was 3 years old.

NAWAB MUHAMMAD SADIQNAWAB MUHAMMAD SADIQ

That was a great experience for me to visit this place. I am glad to see that beautiful place in South Punjab PAKISTAN. 

Muhammad Irfan
10 comments
Level 3

Re: The Royal Noor Mehal of Bahawalpur South Punjab, Pakistan

itz amazing bro, keep it up

Level 8

Thak you i wana thanks u @shaniwattoo__1  for ur words.

Muhammad Irfan
Level 5

Wow beautiful place.  After your post I added this place in my list . I ll visit this place too . Thanks for sharing the place and history with us @Muhammad_Irfan 

Level 9

This is the most beautiful photos I have seen today!

So clean and clear and the editing is crisp! Well done @Muhammad_Irfan 

Oh, I love this post

Level 1

Amazing. Your post has developed an interest in me for visiting this place, soon I will. Good Work @Muhammad_Irfan 

Level 8

Thank u @Annie_Ajmal11  for such words u must visit this.

Muhammad Irfan
Level 8

thank u @Ewaade_3A  this is a place in south Punjab Pakistan made by Nawabs. Yes its really a beautiful place.

This is a great appreciation for me that u like that post.

Muhammad Irfan
Level 8

This post is mostly related to those who like travelling like u @mansoor417 . Thank u for your appreciations

Muhammad Irfan
Connect Moderator

Wow @Muhammad_Irfan Thanks for sharing such an informative post.

I was inspired by  @OmerAli 's post A Trip to Noor Palace, Bahawalpur, Pakistan , and from that time Noor Mehal is in my wish list. I hope someday I can visit here with your guidance .

Thanks for sharing bhai. 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge