questkv's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The Nakuru Pets Festival 2019

The Nakuru Pets Festival 2019 Season 3 saw pet lovers from Nakuru and Nairobi trooped the Nakuru Athletics Club with their furry four-legged friends. The pets owners enjoyed showcasing their pets in the venue as well as competing for the best in the following categories: health status, agility, attitude, and obedience/communication. The exhibitors also took this opportunity to exhibit the pets, food, and pets accessories. The dogs were also vaccinated against rabies courtesy of the Nakuru county, which is amongst the county goals to eradicate rabies in the region.

DSC_0390.jpgDSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0340.jpgDSC_0385.jpgDSC_0393.jpgDSC_0651.jpgDSC_0434.jpgIMG_1043.jpgIMG_1198.jpgIMG_1381.jpg

Here the link to the video:

Nakuru, Kenya
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: The Nakuru Pets Festival 2019

I didn't know that Nakuru is one of the cities that hosts dog festivals. What a useful information. Thank you so much, @questkv for sharing this interesting fact with us and for giving us the chance to experience this great event through you. 🙂 Do you have any pets of your own?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@KlaudiyaG The pet owners are growing every year in this region and with that came the need of hosting the pets festival to create a platform for pet owners to meet and network. Yes, I do have a pet, (Morty) Maltese.

And he was there at the festival. Am also curious to know if you have one too.

MortyMortyMortyMorty

Connect Moderator

Hi @questkv 

From your photos it is clear that both the pets and pet lovers had a lot of fun.  Also, from your post, it is clear that the Nakuru Pets Festival 2019 Season 3 was a well organised event.

That's a wonderful initiative! I think that every community will benefit a lot if they host at least once a year a similar event. 🙂

Regarding your question, @questkv, yes, I actually do have a few pets and this is why I was so interested in your post. To be precise, I'm the proud owner of two dogs and one cat, which you can find below. 🙂

Caption: Photo of two dogs. One white pitbull and the other is a tiger pitbull. (photo by Local Guide KlaudiyaG)Caption: Photo of two dogs. One white pitbull and the other is a tiger pitbull. (photo by Local Guide KlaudiyaG)Caption: Photo of a colourful cat laying down. (photo by Local Guide KlaudiyaG)Caption: Photo of a colourful cat laying down. (photo by Local Guide KlaudiyaG)

By the way, Morty is really cute. I'm sure she had a wonderful time at the festival. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@KlaudiyaG those are lovely furry friends you got, interesting that you keep both cat and dogs. Morty had a field day playing and interacting with other dogs. Upon reaching home on that day, she went straight to sleep.

Level 8

@AdamGT I couldn't agree more, both the pet owners and the pets had a wonderful day!

I had no doubts about that. Aren't they priceless when they are exhausted from playtime? 🙂 One time, one of my dogs was so tired after an entire day spend at the beach that she fell asleep sitting down. It was absolutely hilarious.

Oh and thank you for the nice words, @questkv. They sure are lovely, just like Morty. I've always loved animals, it's probably because while growing up I was surrounded by cats, dogs, rabbits, hamsters, lizards, parrots, etc. My entire family and even our family friends had pets, so I guess in a way it was inevitable for me not have a household full of animals. I wish that I could have more, but for now I'm happy with 3.

Level 8

@KlaudiyaG That explains it; you come from a background that really loves animals.