vishal_kumarmaurya's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

The Karguvan Ji Jain Temple Jhansi

The Karguvan Ji Jain Temple

, also known as Shri Digambar Jain Atishaya Kshetra Sanvaliya Parasnath Karguvanji, is a 700-year-old Jain temple located in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is an important pilgrimage site for Digambar Jains, a sect that believes in renouncing all material possessions to achieve moksha (liberation).

The temple complex is large and houses multiple temples. The main idol is of Lord Parshvanatha, the 23rd Tirthankara (enlightened being) in Jainism. His symbol is a snake. 

[Image of Karguvan Ji Jain Temple Jhansi]

Here's some additional information about the temple:

Location: It is situated on the Jhansi-Kanpur highway, just 5 kilometers from Jhansi city.

History: The temple has an interesting history. As the name suggests, Atishay Kshetra means "a place of miracles." Legend has it that around 200 years ago, an underground cave was discovered containing seven idols, including those of Lord Parshwanath and Lord Adinath.

Facilities: The temple complex has dharamshalas (guest houses) and bhojanshalas (dining halls) for visitors. There is also a Shree Vidyasagar hall, Swadhyay Bhawan (a place for self-study), and Jain Milan Bhawan (a community center).

Festivals: Annual fairs are held on the occasions of the birth and salvation anniversaries of Lord Mahavira, the 24th and last Tirthankara.

If you're planning to visit the Karguvan Ji Jain Temple, here are some things to keep in mind:

Dress code:As with most Jain temples, there is a dress code for visitors. Men are expected to wear full pants and shirts, while women should wear sarees or salwar kameez. Shoes are not allowed inside the temple complex.

Photography: Photography is not allowed inside the main temple sanctum. However, you can take photos in the temple complex.

I hope this information helps!

7 comments
Google Moderator

Re: The Karguvan Ji Jain Temple Jhansi

Hello @vishal_kumarmaurya,

Welcome to Connect!

Thank you for sharing your video and information about Karguvan Ji Jain Temple. Was this your first time visit?

Since you are new here, why don't you explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides? You can check Your guide to Connect.

If you could add a bit more photos of the place to your great post, I’m sure it will help others to learn more about it.

Feel free to Introduce Yourself  in our monthly topic so that other Local Guides learn more interesting things about you.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Betreff: The Karguvan Ji Jain Temple Jhansi

@vishal_kumarmaurya 

Es ist ein sehr gut erklärter Beitrag zu diesem Tempel nur ein paar Bilder wären sehr schön gewesen.

Level 6

Thank you for connecting 

What's is your language an which country belongs you 

Level 9

@vishal_kumarmaurya 

Deutschland 

Level 9

@vishal_kumarmaurya 

1000004247.png

Ich lese und schreibe hier auf Connect in deutsch 

Level 9

Namaste 🙏 @vishal_kumarmaurya

Your post is really good and interacting . 

Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

That's great to see you in Connect Family 😄

I let you Know that Ongoing Post : Introduce Yourself - May 2024. (Click on the Link) 

Here you can follow the five prompts below and share your introduction  In this thread including your photo (in landscape mode). 

1.Name: 

2.Location: 

3.What I love about being a Local Guide: 

4.My favorite thing to explore: 

5.Fun Fact about me: 

A landscape photo of you with a brief description we can use to write a caption.

I also wanted to recommend to you, check Your Guide to Connect for more information on what topics are discussed here,

&

how to choose topics for your posts , and many more

great tips.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply you as soon as possible 
Thank you so much
Ravi patna Bihar
Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते
Level 8

@vishal_kumarmaurya maravillosa fotografía! Debe ser toda una experiencia poder estar ahí.