Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The Full Cleveland Spring 2019

The Full Cleveland Spring 2019

Dewey's Coffee House

13201 Shaker Square, Cleveland, OH 44120, USA

April 20, 2019 @ 08:00 (EDT)

The Full Cleveland is an urban exploration at a walking pace for an entire day, Saturday April 20th from 8am to 8pm. You can jump in or jump out anywhere along the way. We'll begin and end in the same place, Dewey's Coffee Shop in Shaker Square. We'll be visiting some of the most iconic areas in the region, with special presentations at Larchmere Fire Works, a glass blowing and metalsmithing training facility, and another presentation at The Sculpture Center on Euclid. This will be our 10th outing, we've been doing them in spring and fall for 5 years. This one should be just as fantastic as the rest, and they've all been incredible! Itinerary is being developed, but post on this and I'll reach out to you with more information. Short version of the itinerary is this: Dewey's Coffee House 13201 Shaker Square 8:00am (Parking available behind CVS Pharmacy) Shaker neighborhood tour 8:30-9:30 Larchmere Fire Works 10:00am Lunch Uptown, various locations 12:00 Dittrick Museum Of Medical History, Case-Western Reserve Campus 1:30pm The Sculpture Center 2:30 (1834 E 123rd Street) Wade Chapel or James Garfield Memorial, Lakeview Cemetery, 3:15 pm $5 Little Italy 5:00 Rockefeller Park 6:00 Felice Urban Cafe 7:00 Dewey's Coffee Shop 8:00 And we're done!!!

RSVP here

13201 Shaker Square, Cleveland, OH 44120, USA
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: The Full Cleveland Spring 2019

Hi @FullCleveland,

Thanks a lot for this Meet-up!

It sounds very interesting and helpful! We wish you great time there and successful!

If you want, you can share then the recap from the Meet-up with us here. Thanks a lot!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@PoliMC ,

This has been a fantastic experience each time we've done it. We've found wonderful shops, like the Old Brooklyn Cheese Shop, which offers cave-aged cheeses, and cheeses that come from 8 specially fed cows! We found a Nepali market hidden across the street from a giant suburban style market. And dozens of other very unique spots. 

I hope we get some Google folks on this one, we've been managing it on Facebook and now have about 60 people attending over the course of the day. 

Cheers and thanks!

Peet

Hi @FullCleveland,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

That sounds just fantastic! In the recap that you will share with us, we can see how amazing it was!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

I've been doing some research on this upcoming walk and it is going to truly exceptional! 

I found a city park that has been cut off from the public for almost 15 years due to a massive municipal infrastructure project.

Join us for a fantastic day if you can!

A section that we might have avoided due to the mountainous aspect adding miles to the trip has a shortcut with an elevator!

The road less traveled.The road less traveled.

Level 6

Hi, this is my first time on local guides connect, so I'm not familiar with meet ups. To get to each spot on tour, is it walking only, a combo of walking/driving, or public transportation? Sorry if the question seems odd, just trying to get a better understanding. Thanks 😊

Level 8

@Kendall马肯德 ,

We'll be walking the whole way, but you can join us anywhere along the way. 

We have an itinerary iI'll share later today. This is a free event, you just pay your own way along the way. 

You are also able to to Uber/Lyft between stops, it's all up to you.

We have some really fantastic stops everywhere along the way though!

Hi @FullCleveland,

Just as a reminder that you can tag Connect members in your posts by writing @ before their name so they can receive this way a notification and know that you are trying to communicate with them directly.

Level 8

The tenth Full Cleveland was another great success. We had four major stops on it if we include Larchmere FireWorks as two stops -- One metalsmithing presentation in the morning and a glassblowing presentation in the evening. Our other majors were the David E. Davis Sculpture Foundation/Artist Archives of the Western Reserve and the Dittrick Museum of Medical History.

Still a bunch of folks in the coffee shop, but we had to get going!Still a bunch of folks in the coffee shop, but we had to get going!

We had an excellent lunch at the Tavern of Little Italy, a solid beer at Simply Greek, a spot of tea at Algebra Tea House, and ended the day at felice Bistro, which I now count as one of the best restaurants in Cleveland. And I can’t forget fueling up our coffee reserves at Dewey’s Coffee House in Shaker Square and ice cream at Mitchell’s Ice Cream, pastries at 3 Aprons. We did a little shopping at Fiddlehead Gallery and Jati and Loganberry Books and North Union Farmers Market. We scaled a mountainous stretch at Ambler Park and for those who couldn’t do the climb, we took an elevator up the cliff at Judson Park Senior Living.

We had about 38 participants overall, which was an excellent turnout since the weather in the morning was a bit chilly and rainy. @Kendall马肯德 another Local Guide joined us, and she has a great set of recaps as well.

This was the first event where we’ve ever split into two groups. With such a large turnout, we’ve realized that our little stops can be overwhelming to some of the small shops we stop at.

I’ve included a few of my own pictures, but I’ve seen some excellent pics from others and you can find many of those on Loganberry BooksLoganberry BooksFacebook and other platforms.

A 12 hour urban exploration might sound intimidating at first. If you think about your favorite vacation days, you might remember leaving your place in the morning, spending the day exploring, coming back exhausted yet refreshed. That is what we do, just intentionally, and in our own city.

Our next walk will be on Saturday, October 19th. It will probably be based around the newly opened Towpath Trail that is a greenway that now connects a huge swath of Cleveland.

I like how the mirrors show the crowd.I like how the mirrors show the crowd.My friend Dave has been recovering from an injury for 5 months. This was his big dream.My friend Dave has been recovering from an injury for 5 months. This was his big dream.It was a bit rainy, but we only had our umbrellas out for about 12 minutes for the whole day.It was a bit rainy, but we only had our umbrellas out for about 12 minutes for the whole day.Some stunning residential architecture.Some stunning residential architecture.David E Davis Sculpture FoundationDavid E Davis Sculpture Foundation
When's the last time you saw a 12 foot high painting of a centaur? Dittrich Museum of Medical History. The scene is Cheiron speaking to Askleplios teaching about medicine.When's the last time you saw a 12 foot high painting of a centaur? Dittrich Museum of Medical History. The scene is Cheiron speaking to Askleplios teaching about medicine.This piece of art was made by 11 year olds that I work with. Our group is called Team:Work.This piece of art was made by 11 year olds that I work with. Our group is called Team:Work.And its part of an exhibition of local artists!And its part of an exhibition of local artists!David E. Davis workshopDavid E. Davis workshopThis shocking piece was used to train midwives in the 1800's. Whoa! Dittrich Museum of Medical HistoryThis shocking piece was used to train midwives in the 1800's. Whoa! Dittrich Museum of Medical HistoryThe optometrist of yore used to have to put his eye right up against yours.The optometrist of yore used to have to put his eye right up against yours.The famous Hand sculpture from the once every four year Front exhibition.The famous Hand sculpture from the once every four year Front exhibition.I just liked seeing these three buildings in the frameI just liked seeing these three buildings in the frame9 miles in, a well earned beer!9 miles in, a well earned beer!Adore the DoorAdore the DoorFelice Urban Cafe, what a fantastic place!Felice Urban Cafe, what a fantastic place!So bold!So bold!A nice drink at the end of the night.A nice drink at the end of the night.