Level 1

Tagging

How can I tag someone in the post?

9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Tagging

@ShaziaS Yes you can. It will be a bit different compared to mentioning someone that's not already in the post, but it's doable. Depending on the name, it might not work every time. But basically what you want to do is just @ mention it as usual, type in the username, and you'll see a selection of users. If the users have common combo (first name + last name initial), it might not show up. Most of the time it works though.

View solution in original post

Level 7

Basically here it is called mentions ..
you can easily mention someone who is already present in the post just type @ 
and automatically all the people would be listed below who are present in the specific discussion..
@ShaziaS as I typed @   
I could see you I simply clicked on your name and you are mentioned.. you might got a notification for that 

Level 1

thanks you so much for the quick reply @ArslanESL can't I mention someone who is not present in the discussion? 

Level 7

no I don't think so .  .

Connect Moderator
Solution

@ShaziaS Yes you can. It will be a bit different compared to mentioning someone that's not already in the post, but it's doable. Depending on the name, it might not work every time. But basically what you want to do is just @ mention it as usual, type in the username, and you'll see a selection of users. If the users have common combo (first name + last name initial), it might not show up. Most of the time it works though.

Level 1

@iyudhi and @ArslanESL thanks for your support

Level 10

How to add names in replying in LGC

Hi friends,

How wanted to add names in replying LG DISCUSSION.

Needed guidance

With regards

John Peter

Level 10

Re: How to add names in replying in LGC

HI @JohnPeter

when you want to tag any local guide or Moderator in connect just type @ and then their username.

hope this helps you.

Thank You

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Former Google Contributor

Hi @JohnPeter,

This topic was already being discussed here on Connect, so this is why I have decided to move your post to the relevant thread.

Since you are new in Connect, allow me to share some information you may find helpful in making your experience here on Connect much more enjoyable and easier to navigate:

Best Regards,

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Thanks @iDepp yes it works perfectly

Thanks

John Peter