Lusianaa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

The Exotic Pink Beach of Komodo Island

#monthlytopic of June 2020 - A good place for a sunny day

A photo of the soft pink sands and turquoise waters of Komodo Island's Pink Beach.A photo of the soft pink sands and turquoise waters of Komodo Island's Pink Beach.

Hello Local Guides! It's summer already, but some of us still can't travel because of this pandemic situation. Are you dreaming of the perfect getaway in summer?

Personally, I love going to the beach on a sunny day. I'm feeling blessed living in a country that has so many beautiful beaches. So in this post, let me introduce you to Pink Beach, my favorite beach in Indonesia. This quiet small beach is a perfect place to relax and unwind!

Where is Pink Beach located?
Pink Beach is located within the Komodo National Park, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. It is one of seven pink beaches that exists in the world, and one of the many amazing features of Komodo Island that make it full of magical wonder. I was blown away by just how pink the Pink Beach was!

How come Pink Beach got so pink?
The pink color of the sand comes from microscopic red organisms in coral named Foraminifera. As they grow and die, their crushed shells get pushed onto the beach by the continuous tide and mixed with the white sand, resulting in the soft pink colored sand.

A collage of two photos showing the dead red coral and pink-colored sand on Komodo Island.A collage of two photos showing the dead red coral and pink-colored sand on Komodo Island.

How to get there
The Pink Beach is situated in an uninhabited island, so it can only be accessed by boat from the nearest town of Labuan Bajo. It is usually visited as part of an island hopping day trip, multi-day trip or liveaboard. Take a local flight from Jakarta or Bali to Labuan Bajo. Then, you can book a tour package that suits your budget, timing, and interests.

A photo of a standard liveaboard boat to explore Komodo National Park.A photo of a standard liveaboard boat to explore Komodo National Park.

A photo of me and my friends jumping together on the Pink Beach, Komodo Island.A photo of me and my friends jumping together on the Pink Beach, Komodo Island.

So, what is your favorite place to go in the summer time? Do you like going to the beach? I would love to hear your comments.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

#monthlytopic @HiroyukiTakisawa 

Komodo, West Manggarai Regency, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
42 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: The Exotic Pink Beach of Komodo Island

Wow...! amazing.

One would never imagine even in the dreams that such a beach would exist.

Thanks for showing the beach through the lovely photos @Lusianaa 

I dream of going to this place one day.

~Greetings from New Delhi

Level 9

Wiii.., pantai merah jambuuu..

Menarik sekali, Kak @Lusianaa 

Btw kalo pas island hoping begitu, di pantai yang ini biasanya mampir berapa lama? Sejam doang buat foto-foto atau sepuasnya wisatawannya?

Dan memang sesepi itu, ya? Cuma ada satu kapal? Atau sebetulnya rame cuma nggak ikut kefoto?

Asyik banget kayaknya piknik di sini. Terima kasih sudah berbagi, Kak @Lusianaa  ☺☺

Cc. Mbak @Nyainurjanah 

Ada pantai warnanya merah jambu, nih. Kayaknya habis makan kepedesan, deh.. 😀😀

Connect Moderator

Mas @iorikun301 terima kasih tag .

Post yang keren kak @Lusianaa , pantai pink itu seurius warna pink bukan karena efek kamera jahat ? Kok bisa ya warna pink , bener banget pantai ya sepi banget ya 

Aku suka photo yang lompat rame rame tapi pemasaran juga untuk menghasilkan photo yang kompak lompat seperti itu berapa kali take gagalnya hehe ?

Level 8

@Lusianaa Wow, the beach is beautiful and it would be nice to experience that. 🙂 Thank you for sharing this post with us.

Level 8

Wow @Lusianaa  what a beautiful place!
All your photos from pink beach are very beautiful. The photo of jumping together with your friends is very joyful.

Vijay Paradkar
India
Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

It's amazing! Thank you for sharing this, @Lusianaa Photos are so impressive and your explanations are so helpful.

We are able to enjoy that beach through Street View as well. It looks so comfortable and fun for a sunny day!!

Google Moderator

Hello @Lusianaa,

Thank you for sharing your travel experience with us and the photos are just amazing! It looks like there's not much people there, any tips on when is the best time to visit the pink beach?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Thank you @Tushar_Suradkar 🙂

Yes, you're right! Pink Beach is every beach lover's dream. You must see with your own eyes to believe that this beach exists. I hope you have a chance to visit this place.