EmekaUlor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: The Best Thing About Being A Local Guide

@EmekaUlor Nice one, local guides is not only about video and pictures, but the most part I enjoy much is the idea of coming together to achieve a goal, meet people's and have interactive section really inspired me.  Thanks for sharing dear

Level 8

Many thanks @EmekaUlor for sharing your thoughts. We probably haven't even experienced the best things about being local guides, as the program seems to get better and better with time.

Level 7

I definitely share the same sentiments that you have expressed in this article. Being a local guide has allowed me to see the world differently, improved my photography skills and also exposed me to a plethora of opportunities I wouldn't ordinarily had access to if I wasn't a local guide. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We will keep doing more.  

Level 9

Very interesting. Many angle to this trip. I appreciate your creativity and dexerity. Ride on dude @EmekaUlor

Connect Moderator

@OkekeNkiruka that's an exciting part of Local Guides indeed

@UchechukwuEnem thanks for your kind words. 

@Sayo you reechoed what my thoughts in a clearer words. Local Guides programme has greater potential.

Connect Moderator

@Emmanuel-Musa nice to help about your experience. 

Let's keep guiding.

Level 10

It is a good feeling connecting different people! Ever happy to be one

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!
Level 8

Lol!! @EmekaUlor

I am not sure I can pick one particular reason for this but I am sure gonna try to share mine too.

My better parts of being a Local Guide is knowing that anywhere in the world that I got to, I can have virtual friends nearby and meet new people even easier than ever. 

Another point would be in the natural idea of being a global cosmopolitan - I can research ahead for places I want to visit and make a plan based on reviews and suggestions via the LG program and/or the Map

Last but not least is the amount of Impact I have recently found out that can be made on the world by way of the program - the awareness to local issues, the changes we bring to our communities by putting them on the map as well as the accessibility to information that we provide by mapping and sharing reviews of places. 
We might overlook the impressions being made by these but they truly do count and that is simply awesome for me. 

Once again, Thank you to everyone of us Local Guides for making the world a better and more connected place to live in. 

Level 8

I couldn't agree any less with you @EmekaUlor, one great thing i love about being a local guide is the information we give in the form of reviews and pictures about places to make it easier for others to get useful information especially navigating in our society of today. 

Then kudos to google for connect platform a place for all LGs,  people of like minds and passion all over the world to share ideas,  meet and make new friends, Learn about different cultures and places first hand from LGs frm all over the worldworld. 

Thanks for sharing

Former Google Contributor

Hi @EmekaUlor,

Thank you for sharing with us.

I find your post really inspiring, as the Local Guides Connect platform could be a binding force to literally connects people from around the world.

It is really interesting that you have emphasized on the cosmopolitan experience!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!