JR_Curley's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Tags within Local Guides Connect

Since I'm based out of Los Angeles, California, I've been able to do a search for "Los Angeles" to find Los Angeles specific posts. The search seems to pull the tags associated with the post. Are the tags automatically generated, or do they need to be manually inserted?

Thank you!

5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Tags within Local Guides Connect

I believe they need to be manually inserted. But it seems there are some changes recently so I really want to know exactly how it works.

Before, we were able to put location with reference to Google Maps, but it seems it's now not possible and the location is generated automatically?

Level 6

I assume the person posting chooses to specify their location. There are so many commuhnities in Los angeles that it is difficult to be sure we find everything relevant by specifying Los Angeles so I searched for California. I am in the San Fernando Valley, there are over a million people here in the valley. I generally need to correspond only with people here in the SFV. There is probably no tag for the San Fernando Valley but it would help me if there were since there are very many cities and communities here that would want to communicate.

I see that we can add tags to posts but you have not done that, correct?

Level 8

Good call to use "California" in the search. I was hoping there were some auto tags that would get populated (like in other apps), but if it's manual, that's fine, if a wee bit clunky.

Googler

Tags are indeed added manually, @JR_Curley@SamuelCalifornia and @iyudhi

I'll share feedback that if someone adds a location to a post, it would be nice to add that tag to the post automatically, though that seems quite a bit trickier as we allow location tagging of places, cities, states and countries. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

I saw in a list of top tags "Asbestos removal".  Seemed really strange to me so I clicked it and the posts that it led me to have nothing to do with that.  A subject although important, frankly seems a bit removed from stuff we would discuss on Local Guides.  Funky....