Ruxellan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Tønsberg Medieval Festival 2019 , Norway

Dear Local Guides,

I hope you're doing well, In this post, I will take you to the medieval ages. 

We visited Tonsberg between 30 May and 1st of June. Tonsberg is the oldest city of Norway and also its a Vikings city. Distance from Oslo to Tonsberg is about 102 km.

I and my friend traveled from Tallinn, Estonia. We are very Lucky that we got the opportunity to see the medieval festival. This festival takes place every year in early June. This year it took place between 30 May and the 2nd of June.

This festival takes us to the Middle ages- when Tonsberg houses the Kingdom's power center.

Activities:

Expect juggling, live music and theatre performance, jousting tournament during the daytime, and a medieval banquet for the grown-ups in the evening.  

Place: slottsfjelltårnet Tonsberg, Norway

Entry fee: Free

Festival time: Every year the 1st week of June.

How to go: You can go to Tonsberg from Oslo central station or from Oslo airport train station by train.

Festival website: https://www.tonsbergmiddelalderfestival.no/ 

Happy Guiding 

Fairy dancing (Photo: ruxellan, Local Guides level 8)Fairy dancing (Photo: ruxellan, Local Guides level 😎

Acting as a Knight (Photo: ruxellan, Local Guides level 8)Acting as a Knight (Photo: ruxellan, Local Guides level 😎

Fairies welcoming the performers by singing and dancing (Photo: ruxellan, Local Guides level 8)Fairies welcoming the performers by singing and dancing (Photo: ruxellan, Local Guides level 😎

Performer emits fire out of his mouth  (Photo: ruxellan, Local Guides level 8)Performer emits fire out of his mouth (Photo: ruxellan, Local Guides level 😎

Performers are singing and dancing (Photo: ruxellan, Local Guides level 8)Performers are singing and dancing (Photo: ruxellan, Local Guides level 😎

A performer jumping through the fire wheel (Photo: ruxellan, Local Guides level 8)A performer jumping through the fire wheel (Photo: ruxellan, Local Guides level 😎

Me with performersMe with performers

Performance video ( video: ruxellan, Local Guides level 😎 

Performance video ( video: ruxellan, Local Guides level 😎 

Tønsberg, Norway
30 comments
Level 8

Re: Tønsberg Medieval Festival 2019 , Norway

Hi @Ruxellan 

Nice show on video.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards from Slovakia.

Karol

Karol Tomasch
Level 8

@KarolT Thank you so much, I hope you enjoyed my post and videos. Thanks for your comment. 

Level 8

Hi @Ruxellan 

I never been in Norway, but 2017 I was in Finland. Here is my report:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Lapland-Hidden-Pearl-of-the-North/td-p/1752...

Karol

Karol Tomasch
Former Google Contributor

Thank you for sharing with us your experience @Ruxellan. It looks like you were in the right place the right moment. What did you like the most? I loved the fire performance, very impressive. Oh, was there any medieval food?

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@VasT You're right, we traveled at right time. their music and fire performance I liked most but I missed the jousting tournament, that was really fantastic, I watched a video about that. There was no medieval food but there was a market selling medieval items like clothes. BTW thank you for your comment and I glad to hear that you liked this. 

Level 8

@KarolT wow! I just read your post, it was a great tour. Lapland also my bucket list. BTW I invite to visit Estonia. It is a small but really nice country.

Level 8

Level 8

@KarolT thank you so much, I read your post. 

Level 8

Nice post & wonderful photos, videos @Ruxellan  

Thanks for sharing.

Vijay Paradkar
India