Kinjalchhaya's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Supporting Local Street Vendors

Hi All,

i would like to focus and support to the local Street Vendors and would like to seek your support to have them on Google maps. We support local business which are fixed for the location and well constructed, but majority of the economy is being driven by the local vendors which now a days use Digital Payment and 80% of us are taking benefit from them or either product or services ... why cant we support them by on-boarding them and give them more visibility and business accessibility.

I personally support them, and would like to share how this gets benefited to them, i recently went to the Roadside Food Cart , its a permanent place for them into the rented open space, post adding the place, within 16 days of addition of the place more then 300 Ppl have seen the same and reacting . positively.Location of Food Cart -Location of Food Cart -Open Sitting with CustomersOpen Sitting with Customers

We in Asian Subcontinent area are used to purchase daily vegetables from the local Cart or local Vegetable / Fruit market which is not constructed area but the group of vendors stand together into the specific area and that area is known for that.

Unfortunately we do not have any way to support them and mark them into the Maps. I would like to suggest Temporary Markups for such on the move vendors.

The same is also applicable for #foodcarts #FoodStalls #VeetableCarts #fruitcatrs.

To Make you understand i have been to such one area and captured some of the photos alongside road, at some of the places the entire Lane is closed for that time to facilitate buyers !!!

Photo of a Rodside Food CartPhoto of a Rodside Food Cart

Photo Of Roadside Flower VendorPhoto Of Roadside Flower Vendor

Vegetable and Fruit Market ViewVegetable and Fruit Market View

Entry to the Vegetable and Fruit MarketEntry to the Vegetable and Fruit Market

Broader Area View for Fruit and Vegetable MarketBroader Area View for Fruit and Vegetable Market

Looking forward for fellow LG Inputs and also looking forward for the nearby subcontinent point of view to support @Tejal @NareshDarji @DeniGu @AdamGT @TravellerG 

Selfless Contribtor!!My Local Guide Profile @kinjalchhayaLocal Guide India
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Supporting Local Street Vendors

Hi @Kinjalchhaya 

I strongly sympathize with your wish to support street vendors. 

The only problem is, that the guidelines do not allow us to add businesses that are temporary. There needs to be at least some permanent signage with opening hours for such small places to be entitled to a listing on Google Maps. And in my experience a website address or at least a phone number that is publicly listed as belonging to the street vendor with a matching address is necessary.  So pre-paid and private phones are not going to cut it. 

I'm saying this help you have realistic expectations and not get disappointed if street vendors are hard or impossible to add or if they won't stick on the map.

All the best and don't let this stop you. There might be ways to add them to the map that I'm not aware of or the rules might have been changed on this. 

Cheers

Morten

PS: Nice photos

Level 9

Hi agree @MortenCopenhagen with you but there are 2 different aspects. If we can't get an individual then surely can have some area markup which indicates the activities... 

Another aspect is like food truck which i have mentioned which is in a way permenent with phone numbers and have been serving at the same place since years... What about them?

Connect Moderator

Completely in resonance with you @Kinjalchhaya 

And nice to see photos from the street market.

I have read somewhere that street hawkers can be added to Google Maps.

So this category could be used to add the temporary shops which appear periodically and regularly.

But more experienced experts like @NareshDarji Bhai can guide in a better way.

Best regards,

Level 9

Agree @Tushar_Suradkar ji, need to see if there is such catagory still there.. thanks for the guidance. Looking forward to have more discussion 

Level 10

Hello dear @Kinjalchhaya,

Looking at the logical side - Google Maps' primarily purpose is to offer you the exact location, hence a moving location is not possible.

I also agree with our @MortenCopenhagen's point - however, I have felt flexibilites in rules from country to country for Google Products. In India, a phone number or website is not a must for adding a location. 

Lastly, I surely agree with your thoughts - that - reputed Street Vendors need to be promoted - they are very essential for the local communities and our economy itself. 

I hope more views will pour in...

Regards... 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

@Kinjalchhaya 

Thanks for taking this topic i remember during lockdown we used have so much meet up once there googler & experts had come TraicC was there ,I think how add Yoga studios on Map that time i told them let's allow vendor with there photo & number they have cart some vendor have permanent place on Street.

I told them just before lockdown my husband was operated with foot dibetatic  that time while coming from hospital i stop my auto took vegetables & fruits for a week  but when kept packets in Auto shared there number said mam if you can't come no problem give me call i will get at home free home delivery as it was next lane only he used give.

And that number helped me in lockdown our area is private colony hawkers are not allowed but there number when i share with my colony people  they allowed  vegetables & fruit wala.

So we should allow them .

Level 8

@Kinjalchhaya 

Thank you for tagging me here I would love to help all small vendors but they should have fix place for business. moving locations should not be added to the maps. if we add them and they change the location, the community will get the wrong information. but yes, if they constantly during business in the same place then we should support them.

Regards Tejal

Level 10

@Kinjalchhaya Your added local scenario are so nice. Thanks for sharing with me.

Md. Jakir Hossan