cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Spiritual journey to Mecca

PXL_20230418_000751681.NIGHT~2.jpg

 My box and local guide backpack

Mecca a city that is considered most holy place in Islam.

Visiting this holy place to perform pilgrimage (Hajj) is one of the five (5) pillars of Islam. This is usually observed in the 12th month of Lunar calendar. While Umrah (lesser Hajj) can be observed any time. But most people prefer to do it in the 9th month (During Ramadan Fasting). That is the time I visited too.

I started my journey by visiting Medina the city of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). For visit to the prophet's grave and his Masjid which is 2nd most holy place in Islam.

It was in the city of Medina that I met a Local Guide who is from Saudi Arabia.

I know him here on connect since 2017. And he is a Connect Live 2019 attendee.

He is Radhiy a level 9 local guide from Saudi Arabia. He drove for 4hours with his family just to come and see me.

IMG_20230411_055506_101.jpg

 Radhiy and Sagir taking selfie 

After spending good time discussing great old days on connect 😀, we had dinner together. He bought some gift for me and wife. It was great meeting him.

The second leg of the journey was to visit Mecca for the main reason I'm in Saudi Arabia.

I visited Zulhulaifa Miqat in the outskirts of Medina where I perform cleansing bath, change cloth to white and declare my intention.

PXL_20230409_095056262.jpg

 Sagir at Miqat wearing Ihram (white cloth)

After this we headed to Mecca which is around 4hrs drive by road.

After arriving Mecca we perform lesser Hajj which is the main reason for this journey.

PXL_20230413_153141362.jpg

 Sagir Standing in front of Kaaba.

It was so fulfilling visiting this holy place again after my first visit in 2016.

Mecca is a city that is surrounded by many mountains with great spectacular views.

PXL_20230415_050831897.jpg

 Sagir wearing Local Guides Shirt in the street of Mecca

After spending 18days between Medina and Mecca we (yes we. Me and my wife) came back home feeling fulfilled and accomplished.

This is why I called it Spiritual Journey it was great experience. I look forward to visit next year.

Have you ever embarked on a spiritual journey? 

tell us in the comment section below 👇.

Regards.

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Mecca Saudi Arabia
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Spiritual journey to Mecca

Hello @Sagir 

I'm no doubt the first to read and comment on this post  as I promised!!! Wow congratulations to you for fulfilling the lesser hajj pilgrimage. We wish you all the best.

Great that you had the chance of meeting a local guide from that part. That's a rare gem.and chance.

I am.all the time on spiritual and missionary journey and very often get the satisfaction of self fulfilled life amd achievement for doing what you enjoy and enjoy what you do. Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome back home.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 8

@Sagir Dear happy to hear that you complete Umrah,and share the story with us.another thing you mentioned in this post that you met a local guide of Saudi Arabia. he is at level nine. But you tagged another persons name, who is from Chennai, India. Please check and correct this.

I am a travel favorite person. Travel is my passion. I want to travel around the world.
also want to taste different types of food.
Level 10

@Sagir Thanks for the post.

SANJAY KUMAR DATTA
Connect Moderator

Thanks a lot @SholaIB 

Your support is well appreciated 👍

Connect Moderator

Thanks @mdjhfc 

I got to noticed that I tagged wrongly.

But they have same name.

Regards.

Connect Moderator

Thanks @SanjayBDLG for your encouragement 🙏

Level 8

আলহামদুলিল্লাহ মহান রব গত জানুয়ারি তে মক্কা মদীনা র মেহমান হিসেবে কবুল করেছিলেন। এ এক অন্য আবেগ অনুভূতি র ব্যাপার। @Sagir 

Mohammad Palash, Bangladesh Local Guide

Read my recents Post Here

Connect Moderator

Hi @MohammadPalash 

It is indeed a special feeling.

May Allah accept it from us.