RobAo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Spam-post alert on Local Guides Connect

I've received two potential spam messages in my inbox in regards to getting loans online. The email generally is sent by a Level 1 and reads kinda like this below:

"I am a private lender specializing in loans online. I come from Paris. I offer loans with an interest rate of 3% depending on the desired amount of loan I help people who are small businesses or who want to develop income-generating activities or personal loans for details: ******@gmail.com"

Are there plans for cleaning up the spam before it multiplies and fills the boards?

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Spam-post alert on Local Guides Connect

@RobAo, as private messages are, well, private, the team is unable to see them and would really encourage reporting those that are in violation of the Local Guides Program rules so we can look into these users and take necessary actions. Google Moderators with the help of all Connect members like you are always active and sieving out those who are not genuine Local Guides. 

@Briggs — I agree that the spam management system is not perfect. It still has a lot to learn, and it is learning with every post that is sent to spam by the team. Spammers are the black sheep of this community but I'd like to assume everyone has good intentions until proven otherwise. That said, Connect is an inclusive forum and we welcome everyone regardless of levels. With more Local Guides coming onboard, the team also have processes in place to manage the community (including spam).

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Level 10

It's already multiplying as we speak.

These 3% loan lenders have been around for the past few weeks, many of them do get culled but they seem to be appearing again and again under different aliases. Surely the term 'loan lender' should be coined as inappropriate business marketing and sent to quarantine? Posting in random posts as well as in different languages and on different posts too.

This needs to be addressed about these lacking Level 1-3's posting inappropriate content.

Level 10

Level 10

Already have. Multiple times for the same post, in different language, same user, yeah.

Level 8

Hi @RobAo,

Please edit your post to remove the email address.  Even we might consider someone as Spammers, we still need to protect their privacy.

Whenever we find Connect Posts that are violating the Program Rules, we can "Report Inappropriate Content" via the "3 dots" post menu.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

@RobAo, as private messages are, well, private, the team is unable to see them and would really encourage reporting those that are in violation of the Local Guides Program rules so we can look into these users and take necessary actions. Google Moderators with the help of all Connect members like you are always active and sieving out those who are not genuine Local Guides. 

@Briggs — I agree that the spam management system is not perfect. It still has a lot to learn, and it is learning with every post that is sent to spam by the team. Spammers are the black sheep of this community but I'd like to assume everyone has good intentions until proven otherwise. That said, Connect is an inclusive forum and we welcome everyone regardless of levels. With more Local Guides coming onboard, the team also have processes in place to manage the community (including spam).

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.